Travel Advisory: Due to Covid-19, Senior Citizens above 60 years of age are not allowed to visit the temple.
Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) has facilitated special darshan for senior citizens in Venkateswara Temple Tirumala. Our guide explains the age limit, ticket booking procedure, the entry point for darshan, time taken, who can accompany senior citizens and restrictions.
Questions about Senior Citizen Darshan?
Darshan availability, Age restrictions etc – Email us and we will clarify your doubts.
Senior Citizen Darshan at Tirumala – Overview
|Age Limit||65 years and above|
|Darshan Timings||10 am and 3 pm|
|Booking Timings||7 am to 3 pm|
|Tickets Quota||10 am slot – 700 tickets.|
3 pm slot – 700 tickets.
|Time Taken||40 minutes-1 hour depending on the crowd|
|Ticket Counter||Vaikuntha Queue Complex, VQC-2 (Opposite S.V. Museum)|
|Accompany||One person along with Senior Citizen. Children under 12 years.|
|Restrictions||Only once in 90 days.|
Who can have darshan under senior citizens category in Tirumala?
- For the Senior Citizen category, the age should be 65 or above for both men and women.
- Senior citizens can avail of this benefit by showing proof of their age. Photo ID proof is mandatory to get this benefit.
- The wife will be allowed with their husband if he is a senior citizen.
- Children under 12 years will also be allowed with their grandparents who is a senior citizen.
- If the senior citizen does not have anyone to accompany them, the TTD administration will provide a seva candidate who can help them with Lord Venkateswara darshan.
- The pilgrim who availed Darshan under this special category cannot avail Darshan for the next 90 days.
- The special tickets have a quota of 700 tickets each for morning and evening. Only 700 Devotees in the morning and 700 devotees in the evening will be allowed for the special darshan.
|Days||Darshan Timings||No. of Tickets||Slot|
|Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday||10 AM||700||1st|
|Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday||3 PM||700||2nd|
|Wednesday & Friday||3 PM||1000||1st|
What are the timings of darshan for senior citizens in Tirumala?
- Senior Citizens are allowed darshan daily in 2 time-slots. The first darshan schedule starts at 10 AM and the second schedule starts at 3 PM.
- However, on Wednesdays & Fridays, darshan will be allowed only in the afternoon i.e 3 PM slot.
Where can we get tickets for senior citizens darshan?
- The tickets are available at “Senior citizen / Specially-abled Ticket Counter” near Vaikuntha Queue Complex, VQC-2 (opposite to S.V. Museum), Tirumala.
- Ticket issuing starts from 7 AM daily and counter closes by 3 PM.
- There is a limit of 700 tickets for each slot. The tickets are issued on a first come first serve basis.
- The cost of the ticket is free. Senior citizens (65 or above) can have darshan at Tirumala Tirupati Balaji Temple free of cost. Senior citizens are also provided a laddu ticket (2 laddus per person) free of cost.
- There is no need for senior citizens to wait in the queue. The person accompanying the senior citizen can stand in the queue on their behalf. The senior citizen can sit near the counter.
- Once their turn comes, the senior citizen along with the person who is waiting in the queue must go to the counter and get tickets.
What is the entry point for senior citizens darshan?
- Senior Citizens should enter for darshan from Supatham entrance. Supatham is just 50 meters away from the Vaikuntham Queue Complex entrance.
- The senior citizens along with the persons accompanying them will then be taken on a special bus to the main temple entrance.
- The general darshan queue will be stopped for a while and the senior citizens are allowed to have darshan.
- Darshan will take around 1-2 hours depending on the crowd.
If you have any questions about senior citizens darshan, please leave a comment below and we will answer it within an hour.