Why is Yamunotri popular?
Various Puranas mention that taking bath in Yamuna river washes away all the sins. It opens the door to heaven for pilgrims. Yamunotri Temple is a part of famous Char Dham Yatra.
The Yamuna is said to have the status of a divine mother for the Hindus. The Yamuna is accountable for nurturing and developing the Indian civilization for years. It crosses the states of Uttarakhand, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, and Himachal Pradesh. Later Yamuna river merges with Ganga river at Prayagraj.
It is a must for all the pilgrims to cook a handful of rice and potatoes in the springs. They can dip the rice in a muslin cloth at the hot water sulphur spring of Surya Kund. Rice so cooked is considered as Prasadam. It is taken back home and is meant as a spiritual cleanser.
Here is everything you want to know about Yamunotri Temple:
- Yamunotri Temple History and Story
- Yamunotri Temple Significance and Popularity
- Yamunotri Temple Timings, Opening & Closing Dates 2019
- Yamunotri Temple Poojas and Aartis
- Yamunotri Location and Route
- Yamunotri Temple Architecture & Inside
- Yamunotri Temple Culture and Festivals 2019
- 5 Best Tourist Places Near Yamunotri
- Best Hotels near Yamunotri Temple