What is the location of Yamunotri?
Yamunotri Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Goddess Yamuna. The temple is situated in the Uttarkashi district of the state of Uttarakhand. It is located at an altitude of 3,293 meters in the Garhwal Himalayas. Yamunotri is the source of the Yamuna River. It is the first stop of the Char Dham Yatra of Uttarakhand.
How to reach Yamunotri by train, air, and road?
- Air: The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun. It is 210 km away from the temple.
- Train: The nearest railway station is Dehradun (175 km).
- Road: Buses are available from Rishikesh, Dehradun, Tehri, and Barkot to the temple.
What is the trek route?
Pilgrims can reach the temple by a 13 km (8.1 mi) trek from Hanuman Chatti or a 6 km (3.7 mi) trek from Janki Chatti. Horses and palanquins are available for rent. The trek route is very scenic with beautiful views of waterfalls.
There are also two trekking routes from Hanuman Chatti to Yamunotri. One route lies on the right bank of the river goes via Markandeya Tirth. The other route lies on the left bank of the river goes via Kharsali.
Yamunotri Location on Map
Here is everything you want to know about Yamunotri Temple:
- Yamunotri Temple History and Story
- Yamunotri Temple Significance and Popularity
- Yamunotri Temple Timings, Opening & Closing Dates 2019
- Yamunotri Temple Poojas and Aartis
- Yamunotri Location and Route
- Yamunotri Temple Architecture & Inside
- Yamunotri Temple Culture and Festivals 2019
- 5 Best Tourist Places Near Yamunotri
- Best Hotels near Yamunotri Temple