What is inside Yamunotri temple?
In architectural terms, the temple is constructed in the Nagar style. It is built with granite stones collected from the surrounding mountains. The temple has a main conical shaped minaret under which the Goddess Yamuna presides. Yamunotri is a part of Char Dham Yatra.
The temple has a black marble idol of the goddess. The idol is made of polished ebony marble with detailed carvings. The idol shows her sitting on a turtle. It is the same representation of Goddess Yamuna in ancient scriptures. A white stone idol of Goddess Ganga also stands beside her.
Here is everything you want to know about Yamunotri Temple:
- Yamunotri Temple History and Story
- Yamunotri Temple Significance and Popularity
- Yamunotri Temple Timings, Opening & Closing Dates 2019
- Yamunotri Temple Poojas and Aartis
- Yamunotri Location and Route
- Yamunotri Temple Architecture & Inside
- Yamunotri Temple Culture and Festivals 2019
- 5 Best Tourist Places Near Yamunotri
- Best Hotels near Yamunotri Temple