What are the festivals celebrated at Yamunotri Temple?
Some of the festivals celebrated at Yamunotri temple are:
- Basant Panchami – It indicates the arrival of spring as well as the end of the winters. The festival starts with various cultural programs. Common people perform poojas and make offerings to the goddess. People also wear yellow colored dresses on this day as per custom.
- Phool Dei – This festival occurs on the first day of March. Young girls and children of the community visit their neighboring homes. They gift each other flowers, rice, and coconut. People consider it as a goodwill gesture.
- Olgia – This unique festival occurs in August. It celebrates the harvesting season and rich agricultural produce. It is also popular as the Ghee Sankranti. People decorate their forehead with ghee. Later they consume Dal & Chappatis with ghee.
Here is everything you want to know about Yamunotri Temple:
- Yamunotri Temple History and Story
- Yamunotri Temple Significance and Popularity
- Yamunotri Temple Timings, Opening & Closing Dates 2019
- Yamunotri Temple Poojas and Aartis
- Yamunotri Location and Route
- Yamunotri Temple Architecture & Inside
- Yamunotri Temple Culture and Festivals 2019
- 5 Best Tourist Places Near Yamunotri
- Best Hotels near Yamunotri Temple