Book Rudrabhishek Puja at Home – Rudrabhishek is one of the most popular Vedic Hindu Rituals performed to appease the God of the Gods, Lord Shiva. This pooja is performed to worship Lord Shiva in one of his most popular Rudra forms. In the Rudrabhishek puja, 108 names of Lord Shiva are chanted.
Book Online Rudrabhishek Puja at your Home – Myoksha Puja Services
The best places to perform Rudrabhishek Puja are 5 Jyotirlinga in Maharashtra. However, due to coronavirus lockdown, it is advisable to perform Rudrabhishek Puja at home in the presence of a Brahmin.
Rudrabhishek will give more benefits at home if all the family members are present and done properly.
It is also a part of Graha Shanti Pooja which imparts peace in your family and removes ill-effects of the outside environment.
How to Book?
If you wish to perform Rudrabhishek Puja at home, Myoksha is the right choice for you.
We will arrange for an experienced priest at your address who will perform pooja under your name and gotra.
Just Book Now and Leave the Rest to Us.
Rudrabhishek Puja also available at your home in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada.
• Specialised Vedic professional and Experienced priests
• High-Quality Samagri to ensure a pleasant puja experience
• All Rituals follow Vedic Standards and Procedures
• 24×7 Customer Support
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Rudrabhishek Pooja (By Types) at Home –
The difference between various Rudrabhishek is basically based on the puja duration. There are 6 types of Rudrabhishek as given –
|1) Rudrabhishek Puja||Ganesh Pooja + Shiv Pooja||Duration – 2 hrs||This Rudrabhishek is performed to invoke Rudra, the most powerful cosmic force mentioned in the Vedas.|
|2) Maha Rudrabhishek||Ganesh Pooja + Gori Pooja + Shiv Pooja + Havan||Duration – 4 hrs||Maha Rudrabhishek is performed for Lord Shiva to get rid of the negative effects of all the nine planets and achieve victory over death.|
|3) Laghu Rudrabhishek||Ganesh Pooja+ Navgraha Pooja + Shiv Pooja + Havan||Duration – 6 hrs||In Laghu Rudrabhishek, Panchamarit Pooja is offered to Lord Shiva which fulfils all the desires of the person who performs the pooja.|
|4) Avirat Bham Bham Pooja||Bham Bham Pooja + Maha Rudrabhishek||Duration – 5 Days, 7 Days, 11 Days & 15 Days||This puja purifies the soul and body and performed in your name and Gotra.|
|5) Rudra Samhita Path Yagya||Rudri Path + Havan||Duration 7 Days||The life of Shiva is described in the Rudra Samhita. The story of war and destruction is mentioned in detail.|
|6) Shiv Mahapuran Path Yagya||Path + Havan||Duration 11 Days||This pooja starts with women taking out Kalash Yatra by singing Mangal songs. The story of Shiv Mahapurana Katha is narrated by an experinced priest to the devotees.|
Click on Images to Read More
What are the benefits of Rudrabhishek Puja?
Here is the list of benefits (महत्व) of performing this pooja:
- This pooja protects one from all the possible evils by disposing of all evil forces surrounding a person.
- It is believed that worshipping Lord Shiva on this occasion removes all the sufferings of the devotees and fulfils their wishes.
- It guards one against health-related and financial dangers.
- The Rudrabhishek ritual is helpful in gaining prosperity in career and job as well.
- The recitation of Sri Rudram during the ritual identifies the 346 desires of human beings. One also can fulfil them to lead a peaceful daily life.
- Moreover, this pooja serves as the ultimate remedy for many planetary Doshas.
Recitation of Rudrabhishek mantra is to get blessings of Lord Shiva. This mantra also goes by the name Rudra Mantra.
Types of Rudrabhisek and their importance
Devotees get special benefits by offering different substances to Shivalinga. Here we will tell you about the 6 popular types of Rudrabhishek with their importance in your life –
1 Jalabhishek – जलाभिषेक
Importance – According to the scriptures, performing Jalabhishek to Lord Shiva brings good rain and fulfils all the desire. One can use Ganga Jal for this Abhishek.
2 Milk Abhishek – दूध अभिषेक
Importance – By offering milk to the Shiva Linga, the person gets the boon of longevity.
3 Honey Abhishek – शहद अभिषेक
Importance – Offering honey to Lord Shiva removes all the troubles and you lead a happy and sweet life.
4 Ghee Abhishek – घी अभिषेक
Importance – It is believed that offering ghee to Shiva Linga makes a person financially strong and wealthy.
5 Curd Abhishek – दही अभिषेक
Importance – The couple devotees get the gift of childbirth by performing the Abhishek with curd.
6 Panchamrit Abhishek – पंचामृत अभिषेक
Importance – Panchamrit is prepared with 5 elements namely milk, curd, sugar, honey, and ghee. These 5 elements together make the Panchamrit. This is the most fruitful type of Abhishek as it combines all the contents required for an Abhishek. This Abhishek removes all the sufferings of the devotees and fulfils all their wishes.
How to do Rudrabhishek puja at home? – Rudrabhishek Procedure
Time needed: 2 Hours
Here’s how to do Rudrabhishek Puja (विधि):
- Bathing of Shiv Linga – The Rudrabhishek puja begins by bathing the Shiva Linga with all of the holy elements namely milk, curd, sugar, honey, and ghee. These elements are believed to calm the hot and fiery Lord Shiva.
- Decoration of Shiv Linga – Then, the priest decorates Shiva Linga with Bel Leaves, flowers, and Rudraksha.
- Recital of Laghunyasa – The priests perform the Rudrabhishek with the Rudraksha beads by reciting the Laghunyasa (Chant for Health and Healing).
- Recital of Shivopasana Mantra – Next, the chanting of Shivopasana Mantra takes place for protection from all evils.
- Recital of 108 names of Lord Shiva – Then, the recitation of 108 names of Lord Shiva is done. It is also popular as Ashtottara Shatanamavali.
- Recital of Sri Rudram – After that, the recitation of Sri Rudram takes place. During the pooja, everybody needs to stay quiet and hear the shlokas and mantra. Moreover, the chanting of Sri Rudram, especially in a rhythm, purifies the entire atmosphere.
- Giving Offerings – Lastly, offerings of fruits and Panchamrit is given. Also, the Gangajal remaining from the Abhishek is sprinkled on the devotees. This Gangajal clear all sins and bad omens of a person.
At Myoksha, Pooja will be performed and guided by Pandit Rahul Karnatak who is a very experienced priest and featured in The Times of India.
Pooja videos will be shared with you on WhatsApp as well. Contact us for any enquiry.
Rudrabhishek Mantras and Shlokas
रुद्र अभिषेक मंत्र एवं श्लोक – ओम नमः शिवाय
All through the puja, devotees chant the very powerful Lord Shiva Mantra ”Om Nama Shivaya’. Other Mantras and Shlokas are:
|जलेन वृष्टिमाप्नोति व्याधिशांत्यै कुशोदकै। दध्ना च पशुकामाय श्रिया इक्षुरसेन वै।।|
मध्वाज्येन धनार्थी स्यान्मुमुक्षुस्तीर्थवारिणा। पुत्रार्थी पुत्रमाप्नोति पयसा चाभिषेचनात।।
|On Rudrabhishek with water – rain increases.|
On Rudrabhishek with curd – animal, building and vehicles are obtained.
On Rudrabhishek with sugarcane juice – Lakshmi or wealth is attained.
On Rudrabhishek with milk, the wish of childbirth is complete.
|बन्ध्या वा काकबंध्या वा मृतवत्सा यांगना । जवरप्रकोपशांत्यर्थम् जलधारा शिवप्रिया।।|
घृतधारा शिवे कार्या यावन्मन्त्रसहस्त्रकम्।तदा वंशस्यविस्तारो जायते नात्र संशयः।।
|Upon consecration with the pilgrimage water, salvation is attained.|
On Rudrabhishek with ghee, the lineage expands.
|प्रमेह रोग शांत्यर्थम् प्राप्नुयात मान्सेप्सितम।|
केवलं दुग्धधारा च वदा कार्या विशेषतः।
शर्करा मिश्रिता तत्र यदा बुद्धिर्जडा भवेत्।
श्रेष्ठा बुद्धिर्भवेत्तस्य कृपया शङ्करस्य च!!
|On Rudrabhishek with water containing honey – increase wealth.|
On Rudrabhishek with perfume mixed water – disease is destroyed.
On Rudrabhishek with Ganges water – fever is cured.
On Rudrabhishek with sugar mixed milk – to attain good wisdom.
|सार्षपेनैव तैलेन शत्रुनाशो भवेदिह!|
पापक्षयार्थी मधुना निर्व्याधिः सर्पिषा तथा।।
जीवनार्थी तू पयसा श्रीकामीक्षुरसेन वै।
पुत्रार्थी शर्करायास्तु रसेनार्चेतिछवं तथा।
|On Rudrabhishek with mustard oil – disease and enemy are destroyed.|
On Rudrabhisheka with pure honey – all sins are paid off.
|महलिंगाभिषेकेन सुप्रीतः शंकरो मुदा।|
कुर्याद्विधानं रुद्राणां यजुर्वेद्विनिर्मितम्।
|Thus, worshipers of Rudra form of Lord Shiva are known to get rid of the sinful rituals. Devotees can also seek Satyam Shivam Sundaram form of Lord Shiva providing prosperity, wealth and attainment of knowledge.|
What are the materials required for Rudrabhishek Pooja at home?
The most important ingredients of the Rudrabhishek ritual are:
- For Panchamrit (Main) – Milk, Curd, Sugar, Honey, and Ghee.
- For Offerings – Ganga Jal, Fruits, Flowers, Leaves and Oil
- Vibhuti – A sacred ash made of burnt dried wood. Devotees apply Vibhuti as three horizontal lines over the forehead and other parts of the body to honour Lord Shiva.
- Sandalwood Powder
- The Abhishek is said to be complete only after the mentioned offerings are made to Lord Shiva.
- Moreover, people also offer a variety of fruits, flowers and all other things dear to Lord Shiva.
When should I perform Rudrabhishek Puja? – Rudrabhishek Muhurat
One can perform Rudrabhishek puja on any day considering the auspicious Muhurat & timings for that day in the presence of an experienced priest.
- It is considered auspicious to perform Rudrabhishek on Mondays as this day of the week is for Lord Shiva.
- The festival of Shiva Ratri is also virtuous to perform Rudrabhishek.
- It is also advised to perform Rudrabhishek on important occasions like Graha Pravesh, Anniversaries or Birthdays.
- Shravan Month is of special importance when considering to perform Rudrabhishek Puja.
Who should perform Rudrabhishek?
- One must perform Rudrabhishek if he or she desires to get rid of the evil forces in life, to gain prosperity, and to have success in business.
- Since Rudrabhishek is also a part of the Graha Shanti Pooja, someone wanting to have peace at home can also perform this pooja.
Where to perform Rudrabhishek?
- It can be performed in front of an established Shiva Linga in a temple or at home.
- Moreover, the Shiva Linga should be placed facing north and the performer of the ritual faces east.
- The performer of the pooja should sit on an Asana of Kusha, which helps the meditation in a proper manner.
What is the cost of Rudrabhishek Pooja?
- Performing Rudrabhishek at a famous temple can result in payment of the Dakshina to the Pandit and the participation fees at the temple.
- However, at home, it results in a total cost including the ingredients and the Dakshina to the Pandit around Rs. 5,000/-.
Book Rudrabhishek Pooja at your Home – If you have any questions about it, please leave your comment below and we will get back to you within one hour.
Related Videos With Rudrabhishek
Frequently Asked Questions about Rudrabhishek Puja
Just like Mahadev, Shankar and Bhole, Rudra is a very famous name of Lord Shiva. The term ‘Rudra’ means fiery or a violent storm. Rudra focuses on the destructive side of Lord Shiva. He is the beginning and he is the ultimate end.
Rudrabhishek pooja is performed to worship Lord Shiva in one of his most popular Rudra forms. In the Rudrabhishek puja, 108 names of Lord Shiva are chanted.
Yes, it is always advisable to perform Rudrabhishek puja at home under the presence and guidance of an experienced priest. It will give more benefits to all the family members if performed properly at home.
Amavasya of Krishnapaksh is a suitable date to perform the Rudrabhishek puja.
Yes. Shiva Abhishek can be done in the evenings too. In fact, temples of South India, especially Tamilnadu, performs Abhishek 4 times in a day.
Once, Lord Brahma, out of monotony, requested Lord Shiva to create 11 immortal beings. He fulfilled the request of Lord Brahma by creating 11 immortal beings namely:
Kapaali, Pingala, Bhima, Virupaksha, Vilohitaa, Ajesha, Shavasana, Shasta, Shambu, Chanda and, Dhruva.
As Lord Shiva created these 11 Rudras, he was addressed by the name Rudra.