How to Reach Muktinath – Flight, Helicopter & Jeep – Here is the detailed information about popular routes and various options for travelling to Nepal.
How to reach Muktinath from Kathmandu?
- Road: The distance by road from Kathmandu to Muktinath is 378 km via Prithvi way and 460 km from Ah2 and Prithvi way. It takes 14 to 17 hours to reach depending on the route taken.
- Train: There are no train ways connecting Kathmandu and Muktinath.
- Air: Due to bad weather conditions flying is a bit difficult. However, you can fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara which takes 25 minutes. From there, take another flight to Jomson. This is a 15-minute flight. From there, drive to the temple.
- Mountain Flight: You can fly from Kathmandu to Muktinath via a Mountain Flight. The Mountain Flight drops you off at a place from where it is a 30 minutes walk to the temple.
There are direct flights from almost every major city in India to Kathmandu. Such as, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkatta, and Delhi.
How to reach Muktinath from Pokhara?
There are no direct flights from Pokhara to Muktinath. For Muktinath Darshan, one can travel via flight from Pokhara, and then take a 15-minute mountain flight from Pokhara to Jomsom. From Jomsom, there are Jeeps available to the holy shrine of Muktinath Temple.
- Road: This is the best way to travel this distance. The distance between the places is 175 km via Buglung Rajmarg and takes 8 hours and 40 minutes. as the conditions of the roads here are not well, it can only be covered by Jeep.
- Train: There are no train ways from Pokhara to Muktinath Mandir.
- Air: You can take a 15 minutes flight to Jomsom and then drive to the temple.
- Mountain Flight: One can take a Mountain Flight from Pokhara to Muktinath. The Mountain Flight drops you off at a place from where it is a 30 minutes walk to the temple.
How to reach Muktinath Temple via Delhi?
The journey from Delhi to the Muktinath Temple has to be divided into two parts.
- Option 1: You can either travel to Pokhara by road and from there you can either take a Jeep or take a mountain flight to Muktinath Mandir.
- Option 2: Alternatively, you can travel to Kathmandu and from there travel to Pokhara.
We will pick you up from Pokhara/ Kathmandu/ Gorakhpur and start your journey onwards with us.
Muktinath Tour by Road
Pokhara to Muktinath by Jeep
The tour to Muktinath is an adventurous trip. This is because of the conditions of the road. Therefore, travel access here is difficult because of the conditions of the weather. Since the roads are bumpy and off sometimes it is best to travel in a Jeep there.
- Pokhara to Muktinath Jeep Fare: The Jeep cost from Pokhara to Muktinath is Rs. 25,000/- INR. Moreover, this is the cost of going on one day and returning on the next day.
For those unable to trek all the way to the temple, there is an option to travel by choppers from Pokhara to Jomsom. Have a look at our Helicopter Ride Yatra from Pokhara to Jomsom.
Jomsom to Muktinath by Jeep
The distance between Muktinath from Jomsom Jeep Station is 23 km via Muktinath Sadak and Kaagbni Sadak. Also, you can take a Jeep from the Jomsom Jeep Station and travel till the Muktinath Temple.
- Jomsom to Muktinath Jeep Fare: The Jeep fare from Jomsom to Muktinath is Rs. 9,500/- INR. The Jeep can accommodate 6 people. This is the cost of the Jeep returns on the same day.
Muktinath Tour by Air
Kathmandu to Muktinath via Flight
You can fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara which will take you about 25 minutes. From there, you can take a 15-minute flight to Jomson and travel on a Jeep from Jomsom to the Muktinath Temple. This is the fastest way to complete your Muktinath yatra.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara Flight Fare: You can take a flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara. Kathmandu to Pokhara flight to and fro costs Rs. 6,000/ INR.
- Pokhara to Jomsom Flight Fare: In our Pashupati and Muktinath Tour, we can provide you with Mountain Flights from Pokhara to Jomson. The flight fare from Pokhara to Jomsom is around Rs. 6,000/- INR.
Helicopter Services in Pokhara
There are no helicopter services from Pokhara. However, we can provide Mountain Flights from Pokhara to Muktinath.
Muktinath Darshan by Helicopter
There are no helicopters to Muktinath. However, in Muktinath Yatra 2019, one can travel by flight. But you have to break your journey.
|Kathmandu to Pokhara||Flight||Rs. 6,000/-|
|Pokhara to Jomsom||Mountain Flight||Rs. 6,000/-|
|Jomsom to Pokhara||Jeep||Rs. 9,500/-|
Muktinath Tour Packages
From Pokhara to Muktinath
- Option1: Our representatives can either pick you up from Pokhara on a Jeep and drive you to the Muktinath Mandir.
- Option 2: Alternatively, you can fly to Jomsom, we can arrange a Jeep to pick you up from Jomsom and drive you to the Mandir.
- Option 3: We can also arrange mountain flights and fly you to the Mandir from Pokhara. There are no options for a car or a bus.
From Gorakhpur to Muktinath
- Option 1: We can pick you up from Gorakhpur and drive you to Muktinath.
- Option 2: You can opt for flying till Jomsom and we would pick you up from there for your journey onwards.
- Option 3: If you want to ride mountain flights till Muktinath, we can provide you with the same.