It rains in Kedarnath and Badrinath during August. Monsoon in these places is risky and there are chances of landslides and floods. Therefore, it is suggested not to travel to Kedarnath or Badrinath during this season. Kedarnath helicopter also will not fly during August. You can travel during September and October to Char Dham.
If you are still planning on visiting Kedarnath and Badrinath during August, it is important to take the services of an experienced tour operator like us. Our drivers are very safe and we make sure you have a wonderful trip even during August.
Take a look at our Char Dham Yatra Package now.
How is the weather in Kedarnath and Badrinath during each season?
Find out the best time to visit Kedarnath
- Summer Season: This is the best season to visit Kedarnath and Badrinath Dham. Summer in Kedarnath stays from April to June. The view is beautiful and there is freshness everywhere. Although, even during the summers, it can get freezing during the evening. You must carry proper warm clothes to protect yourself.
- Monsoon Season: July and August are the Monsoon months in Kedarnath and Badrinath. This place witnesses heavy rainfall during these months. There are chances of landslides and floods. It is advised not to travel during these months.
- Pre-Winter Season: September and October cover Pre-Winters. This time is also very ideal to visit the Kedarnath and Badrinath Dham. Just after the rains, the weather becomes stunning. The places are full of greenery. The beauty of the whole region increases during this time.
- Winter Season: Winters at this place starts around the end of November and continues till March. During this time, the place witnesses heavy snowfall. Due to freezing weather, the shrines are kept closed for the pilgrims. It again opens in April.
Frequently asked questions about Char Dham Yatra
- Char dham yatra FAQ’s
- Can I do char dham yatra in 1 day?
- Can I take my own car in char dham yatra?
- How is Jio network in char dham yatra?
- What is the best mobile network for char dham?
- What is the best season to visit Kedarnath?
- What should I take for my trek to Kedarnath?
- Can I travel to Kedarnath and Badrinath during monsoon?
Mahesh idnani says
Planning to visit kedarnath In the mo th of august how to plan the travel trips from mumbai also how about the hotel stay. And how many days trup is idel
Sasidhar Darla says
We will make all the arrangements. Our tour manager will get in touch with you shortly.
Hi I am visiting kedarnath on 3rd august can you guys arrange for us.
Sasidhar Darla says
What arrangements do you need?