It rains in Kedarnath and Badrinath during end August. Monsoon in these places is risky and there are chances of landslides and floods. Therefore, it is suggested not to travel in these places during this season. You can travel during September and October to char dham yatra.
- Summer Season: This is the best season to visit Kedarnath and Badrinath Dham. Summer in Kedarnath stays from April to June. The view is beautiful and there is freshness everywhere. Although, even during the summers, it can get freezing during the evening. You must carry proper warm clothes to protect yourself.
- Monsoon Season: July and August are the Monsoon months in Kedarnath and Badrinath. This place witnesses heavy rainfall during these months. There are chances of landslides and floods. It is advised not to travel during these months.
- Pre-Winter Season: September and October cover Pre-Winters. This time is also very ideal to visit the Kedarnath and Badrinath Dham. Just after the rains, the weather becomes stunning. The places are full of greenery. The beauty of the whole region increases during this time.
- Winter Season: Winters at this place starts around the end of November and continues till March. During this time, the place witnesses heavy snowfall. Due to freezing weather, the shrines are kept closed for the pilgrims. It again opens in April.
Frequently asked questions about Char Dham Yatra
- Char dham yatra FAQ’s
- Can I do char dham yatra in 1 day?
- Can I take my own car in char dham yatra?
- How is Jio network in char dham yatra?
- What is the best mobile network for char dham?
- What is the best season to visit Kedarnath?
- What should I take for my trek to Kedarnath?
- Can I travel to Kedarnath and Badrinath during monsoon?