What is the best time to visit Kedarnath?
Summer (May and June) is the best time to visit Kedarnath. You can also travel during September and October. You must avoid travelling to Kedarnath during Monsoon (July and August). During this time this place witnesses heavy rainfall.
The Kedarnath Dham is kept open for the pilgrims for only some months. This is due to extreme weather conditions. The climate of Kedarnath remains cold during most of the year. Even during summers, the weather can become very cold during the evening
- Summer Season: This is the best season to visit Kedarnath Dham. Summer in Kedarnath stays from April to June. The view is beautiful and there is freshness everywhere. Although, even during the summers, it can get extremely cold during the evening. You must carry proper warm clothes to protect yourself.
- Monsoon Season: July and August are the Monsoon months in Kedarnath. This place witnesses heavy rainfall during these months. There are chances of landslides and floods. It is advised not to travel during these months.
- Pre-Winter Season: September and October cover Pre-Winters. This time is also very ideal to visit the Kedarnath Dham. Just after the rains, the weather becomes very beautiful. The places are full of greenery. The beauty of the whole region increases during this time.
- Winter Season: Winters at this place starts around the end of November and continues till March. During this time, the place will witness heavy snowfall. Due to extremely cold weather, the shrines are kept closed for the pilgrims. It again opens in April.
Frequently asked questions about Char Dham Yatra
- Char dham yatra FAQ’s
- Can I do char dham yatra in 1 day?
- Can I take my own car in char dham yatra?
- How is Jio network in char dham yatra?
- What is the best mobile network for char dham?
- What is the best season to visit Kedarnath?
- What should I take for my trek to Kedarnath?
- Can I travel to Kedarnath and Badrinath during monsoon?