Kali puja is celebrated on October 27, 2019. It is dedicated to Goddess Kali. Moreover, the pooja removes the negative influence of the Saturn planet and negative energies like ego, anger and jealousy. This is also known as Shyama Puja and is popular in West Bengal, Odisha, Assam and Eastern India.
|27 October 2019
|Kolkata, West Bengal
Goddess Kali is believed to be the first incarnation of Goddess Durga. Along with Goddess Kali people also worship Goddess Laxmi on this day. Moreover, takes place in the Bengali month of Kartik on the new moon day.
Obviously, the deity’s name comes from the Sanskrit name ‘Kala’ which means black or lord of death. oddess Kali is the destroyer of evils.
When is Kali Puja 2019?
- This year in 2019, Kali Puja will be celebrated on the 27th of October.
- On this year, Diwali is also on the 27th of October and will be celebrated together with Kali Puja.
- Furthermore, the Amavasya Tithi for the Puja begins at 12:23 pm on 27th October and ends at 9:08 am on 28th October.
Kali Puja Dates
Who should perform Kali Puja?
Here is who should perform Kali Puja:
- The person who is suffering from any family problems or financial issues should perform this puja.
- It also boosts the confidence of the devotee and provides positivity and stamina to him/her.
- If a person is suffering from any disease or illness then he/she should perform this puja.
- Devotees also perform this puja to get rid of all the negative people from life.
- Furthermore, Goddess Kali also protects the devotees from mental and physical issues.
- People suffering from any type of negativities or painful events in life.
- However, any obstacles in married life can be removed by performing Kali puja which helps in building a happy married life.
- Performing this puja also protects the devotee from all the forms of black magic.
What are the benefits of performing this Pooja?
The benefits of performing Kali puja are:
- This puja removes all types of negative energies from the home and workplace.
- Along with that it also protects the devotees and lifts up their stamina.
- Moreover, Goddess Kali is the most powerful and strongest form of Goddess Durga. She also fills happiness in the house of devotees.
- The puja removes all kind of impurities. Also, it removes darkness from the life of devotees.
- Further, it helps to recover from prolonged illness and also from many incurable illnesses.
- The puja also safeguards a person from the evil spirit and black magic.
- Further, removing all the obstacles while running a business and bring success in education and career.
- Moreover, it protects the person from the bad influence of planet Saturn.
In what circumstances should one perform Kali Pooja?
- One should perform Kali Puja on Kartik Amavasya in the month of October or November.
- Most of the time, Kali Puja and Diwali Puja fall on the same day. But sometimes, it may fall one day before the Diwali Puja.
- Nevertheless, many devotees worship Goddess Lakshmi on Amavasya during Diwali.
- Many devotees also perform the Kali puja during Navratri that precedes Diwali.
- People suffering from ill effects of Shani should offer prayers to Goddess Kali on Kali Chaudas which is Dhantrayodashi.
- Nevertheless, one must perform Dus Maha Vidya Mahakali Puja to get rid of negativity.
How to do Kali Puja at home?
Time needed: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Kali Puja Procedure:
- Place idol in a sacred place
The Kali Puja starts with placing the image or idol of Goddess in a sacred place. Moreover, devotees believe that the image or idol of goddess contains excellent energy.
- Offer gifts and write prayers
Place small bowls of uncooked rice, salt, rice, spring water and flowers on a platter. Worshippers offer gifts and also write prayers to the goddess on coloured paper.
- Do meditation and chanting
One should begin with a meditation to seek the blessings of the goddess. Worshipers also chant ‘Om Maa‘. Hereafter, one uses saltwater to purify the sacred space. Also, uncooked rice is used to draw a triangle with a point facing Kali’s image.
- Name manifestations of Kali
Subsequently, the devotees get red flower after naming manifestations of Kali, going in a clockwise direction.
- Perform breathing exercises
Devotees also perform breathing exercises and chant the mantras to seek the blessings of Kali. Moreover, all the devotees who attend the puja receive a piece of paper and a pen or pencil and a flower.
What is the Mantra for this Puja?
The Mantra for Kali Puja is:
- Dhyan: During this, the Devotees sit in front of the deity and meditate. Also some mantras are chant during this time.
Sadyashchhinna-Shirah Kripanamabhayam Hastairvaram Bibhratim।
Ghorasyam Shirasam Srajam Suruchiramunmukta-Keshavalim॥
Srikkasrik-Pravaham Shmashan-Nilayam Shrutyoh Shavalankritim।
Shyamangi Krita-Mekhalam Shava-Karairdevim Bhaje Kalikam॥
- Avahan: The Avahan Mantra is also chanted during the Puja. Here, it is :
Om Deveshi! Bhakti-Sulabhe! Parivar-Samanvite!
Yavat Tvam Pujayishyami. Tavat Tvam Susthira Bhava॥
Dushpare Ghora Sansara Sagare Patitam Sada।
Trayasva Varade, Devi! Namaste Chit-Paratmike॥
Ye Deva. Yashcha Devyashcha. Chalitayam Chalanti Hi।
Avahayami Tan Sarvan Kalike. Parameshwari॥
Pranan Raksha. Yasho Raksha. Raksha Daran. Sutan, Dhanam।
Sarva Raksha Kari Yasmat Tvam Hi Devi. Jaganmaye॥
Pravishya Tishtha Yagyesmin. Yavat Pujam Karomyaham।
Sarvananda Kare Devi! Sarva Siddhim Prayachchha Me॥
Tishthatra Kalike Matah! Sarva-Kalyana-Hetave।
Pujam Grihana Sumukhi! Namaste Shankara-Priye॥
- Pushpanjali: The Pushpanjali Mantra also makes part of the mantras chanted during the puja. Here it is :
Nana Ratna Samayuktam. Karta Swar Vibhushitam।
Asanam Deva-Deveshi! Prityartham Prati Grihyatam॥
Om Shrikali Devyai Namah. Padayoh Padyam Samarpayami।
Om Shrikali Devyai Namah. Shirasi Arghyam Samarpayami।
Omm Shri Kali Devyaee Namah. Gandhakshatam Samarpayami।
Omm Shri Kali Devyaee Namah. Pushpam Samarpayami।
Om Shri Kaali Devyai Namah. Dhupam Ghrapayami।
Om Shri Kaali Devyai Namah. Dipam Darshayami।
Omm Shrikali Devyaee Namah. Naivedyam Samarpayami।
Omm Shrikali Devyaee Namah. Achamaniyam Samarpayami।
Om Shri Kaali Devyai Namah. Tambulam Samarpayami।
Om Maha-Kalyai Namah। Anena Pujanena Shrikali Devi Priyatam; Namo Namah।
What are the materials required for this Puja?
The materials for the puja are:
|Burning Lighter Fluid
|Betel Leaves with stem
|Kapus ( Cotton Balls)
- Furthermore, you need seven types of grains like White Beans, Red Kidney Beans, Green Peas, Chickpeas, Brown Lentil, Gram etc.
- One will also require Hawan Samagri, Shankha, Haldi, Rice Grains, Kalash, Ganga Jal.
- Nevertheless, Niranjan, Kapur, Pure Ghee, Gud, Dhoop are also important.
What is the cost of performing Kali Puja?
- The price to perform this puja ranges from Rs. 3500 to Rs. 6500. However, this includes the cost of the materials required to perform the puja.
- Moreover, one can also consult an expert regarding the technique and procedure to perform the puja.
Hope this information is useful for you. For any questions regarding Kali Puja, comment below and we will get back to you asap.