Kali puja is celebrated on October 27, 2019. It is dedicated to Goddess Kali. The pooja removes the negative influence of the Saturn planet and negative energies like ego, anger and jealousy. This is also known as Shyama Puja and is popular in West Bengal, Odisha, Assam and Eastern India.
|Start Date||27 October 2019|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
Her name comes from the Sanskrit name ‘Kala’ which means black or lord of death. Goddess Kali is also the destroyer of evils.
When is Kali Puja 2019?
This year in 2019, Kali Puja will be celebrated on the 27th of October.
On this year, Diwali is also on the 27th of October and will be celebrated together with Kali Puja.
When is Kali Puja 2019 in Kolkata?
Kali Puja in 2019 is on the 27th of October, Sunday.
The Amavasya Tithi for the Puja begins at 12:23 pm on 27th October and ends at 9:08 am on 28th October.
Kali Puja Dates
Who should perform Kali Puja?
Here is who should perform Kali Puja:
- The person who is suffering from any family problems or financial issues should perform this puja.
- It also boosts the confidence of the devotee and provides positivity and stamina to him/her.
- If a person is suffering from any disease or illness then he/she should perform this puja.
- Devotees also perform this puja to get rid of all the negative people from the life.
- Furthermore, Goddess Kali also protects the devotees from mental and physical issues.
- People suffering from any type of negativities or painful events in life.
- If there are in obstacles in married life then performing Kali puja will help in building a happy married life.
- Performing this puja will also protect her devotee from all the forms of black magic.
What are the benefits of performing this Pooja?
The benefits of performing Kali puja are:
- This puja removes all types of negative energies and waves from the home and workplace.
- It will also protect the devotees and lifts up their stamina.
- Goddess Kali is also the most powerful and strongest form of Goddess Durga. She also fills happiness in the house of devotees.
- The puja will remove all kind of impurities. Also, it will remove darkness from the life of devotees.
- It will help you to recover from prolonged illness and also from many incurable illnesses.
- The puja will protect a person from the evil spirit and black magic. It will also remove all the obstacles while running a business and bring success in education and career.
- Furthermore, it will protect the person from the bad influence of planet Saturn.
When should I perform Kali Pooja?
One should perform Kali Puja on Kartik Amavasya in the month of October or November. Most of the time, Kali Puja and Diwali Puja fall on the same day. But sometimes, it may fall one day before the Diwali Puja. Most people worship Goddess Lakshmi on Amavasya during Diwali.
Many devotees also perform the Kali puja during Navratri that precedes Diwali. People suffering from ill effects of Shani should offer prayers to Goddess Kali on Kali Chaudas which is Dhantrayodashi. Perform Dus Maha Vidya Mahakali Puja to get rid of negativity.
How to do Kali Puja at home?
Time needed: 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Kali Puja Procedure:
- Place idol in a sacred place
The Kali Puja starts with placing the image or idol of Goddess in a sacred place. Devotees believe that the image or idol of goddess contains excellent energy.
- Offer gifts and write prayers
Place small bowls of uncooked rice, salt, rice, spring water and flowers on a platter. Worshippers offer gifts and also write prayers to the goddess on coloured paper.
- Do meditation and chanting
One should begin with a meditation to seek the blessings of the goddess. Worshipers also chant ‘Om Maa’. Then, use salt water to purify the sacred space. Use uncooked rice to draw a triangle with a point facing Kali’s image.
- Name manifestations of Kali
The devotees get red flower after naming manifestations of Kali, going in a clockwise direction.
- Perform breathing exercises
Devotees also perform breathing exercises and chant the mantras to seek the blessings of Kali. All the devotees who attend the puja receive a piece of paper and a pen or pencil and a flower.
What is the Mantra for this Puja?
The Mantra for Kali Puja is:
- Dhyan: During this, the Devotees sit in front of the deity and meditate. Some mantras are chant during this time.
Sadyashchhinna-Shirah Kripanamabhayam Hastairvaram Bibhratim।
Ghorasyam Shirasam Srajam Suruchiramunmukta-Keshavalim॥
Srikkasrik-Pravaham Shmashan-Nilayam Shrutyoh Shavalankritim।
Shyamangi Krita-Mekhalam Shava-Karairdevim Bhaje Kalikam॥
- Avahan: The Avahan Mantra is:
Om Deveshi! Bhakti-Sulabhe! Parivar-Samanvite!
Yavat Tvam Pujayishyami. Tavat Tvam Susthira Bhava॥
Dushpare Ghora Sansara Sagare Patitam Sada।
Trayasva Varade, Devi! Namaste Chit-Paratmike॥
Ye Deva. Yashcha Devyashcha. Chalitayam Chalanti Hi।
Avahayami Tan Sarvan Kalike. Parameshwari॥
Pranan Raksha. Yasho Raksha. Raksha Daran. Sutan, Dhanam।
Sarva Raksha Kari Yasmat Tvam Hi Devi. Jaganmaye॥
Pravishya Tishtha Yagyesmin. Yavat Pujam Karomyaham।
Sarvananda Kare Devi! Sarva Siddhim Prayachchha Me॥
Tishthatra Kalike Matah! Sarva-Kalyana-Hetave।
Pujam Grihana Sumukhi! Namaste Shankara-Priye॥
- Pushpanjali: The Pushpanjali Mantra is:
Nana Ratna Samayuktam. Karta Swar Vibhushitam।
Asanam Deva-Deveshi! Prityartham Prati Grihyatam॥
Om Shrikali Devyai Namah. Padayoh Padyam Samarpayami।
Om Shrikali Devyai Namah. Shirasi Arghyam Samarpayami।
Omm Shri Kali Devyaee Namah. Gandhakshatam Samarpayami।
Omm Shri Kali Devyaee Namah. Pushpam Samarpayami।
Om Shri Kaali Devyai Namah. Dhupam Ghrapayami।
Om Shri Kaali Devyai Namah. Dipam Darshayami।
Omm Shrikali Devyaee Namah. Naivedyam Samarpayami।
Omm Shrikali Devyaee Namah. Achamaniyam Samarpayami।
Om Shri Kaali Devyai Namah. Tambulam Samarpayami।
Om Maha-Kalyai Namah। Anena Pujanena Shrikali Devi Priyatam; Namo Namah।
What are the materials required for this Puja?
The materials for the puja are:
- Kumkum, Coconut, Ashtagandha, Supari, Panch Dhatu.
- Sandalwood, Kapus (Cotton Balls), Agarbatti, Flowers.
- Also, we need wood Burning Lighter Fluid, Urad Dal, Kali Bahuli, Betel leaves with stem, Colors, Purnapatre, Akshata.
- Furthermore, you need seven types of grains like White Beans, Red Kidney Beans, Green Peas, Chickpeas, Brown Lentil, Gram etc.
- Hawan Samagri, Shankha, Haldi, Rice Grains, Kalash, Ganga Jal.
- Apart from that, Niranjan, Kapur, Pure Ghee, Gud, Dhoop are also important.
What is the cost of performing Kali Puja?
The price to perform this puja ranges from Rs. 3500 to Rs. 6500. It also includes the cost of the materials required to perform the puja. One can also consult an expert regarding the technique and procedure to perform the puja.