What is Bhoomi Pooja?
Bhoomi pooja is a ritual performed in honour of Goddess Bhoomi and Vastu Purush (deity of directions). Bhoomi means Mother Earth. Hence, this pooja eradicates the ill effects and Vats Doshas in the land. Beginning prior to the construction of any structure, this smoothes out the process of construction.
Where does the Bhoomi Pooja take place?
- Bhoomi Pooja always takes place in the north-east corner of the construction site or for good agricultural yield.
Which Deity is worshipped in Bhoomi Pooja?
- This ritual is dedicated to Vastu Purusha, Goddess Bhoomi, Pancha boothas (the five elements of nature).
- This pooja takes place in accordance with Vastu Shastra.
- Also, the deity of directions is also honoured so as to eradicate all the ill effects and Vaastu doshas in the land.
Do’s and Dont’s after the purchase of Bhoomi or land
- It is of utmost importance to build the compound wall before constructing the house.
- The height of the southwest part of the wall should be higher in comparison to the other walls of the house.
- The east and north sides walls should be 21 inches shorter than the south and west sides walls.
- After the selection of the construction site, one must grow plants on the land.
- However, keeping a calf or cow in the land makes it all the more auspicious.
- Consulting a priest with experience to perform Bhoomi Pooja is very fruitful. Moreover, it adds happiness and prosperity to an individual’s life.
Who should perform Bhoomi Pooja?
Here’s who should perform Bhoomi Pooja:
- This pooja should be done by the head of the family alongside his wife.
- Also, this ritual of honouring the Mother Earth must take place in the presence of a proficient priest.
- A proficient priest will provide you with all the details for a Shubh Muhurat for the pooja. He can also help to carry out the task in a rightful manner.
What are the benefits of doing Bhoomi Pooja?
Here is a list of benefits of doing Bhoomi Pooja:
- It is a priority to seek the blessings of Mother Earth prior to the construction of a building or use of land for the cultivation purpose.
- This ritualistic pooja ensures that the land gets rid of all the evils and all the negativities from the land are reduced.
- Moreover, the Bhoomi Pooja helps in the smooth completion of work without any hurdles.
- It also guarantees the well being and happiness of the people ready to reside in the property. In the case of land use for the agricultural purpose then it helps to have better yields.
- Bhoomi Pooja invokes the Vaastu Purusha who grants his blessings to the worshipper.
- This pooja purifies the site of construction getting rid of any sort of negativity. It helps to pacify all the corners of the house to be built.
When should one perform Bhoomi Pooja?
- Months of Shravan, Margshirsh, Paush, and Kartik are ideal for Bhoomi pooja.
- Vastu time dictates the date for Bhoomi puja. Many times it falls twice in a month.
- The suitable weekdays for this pooja are Monday and Thursday. These two days are very auspicious for this pooja.
- Also, one must avoid performing this pooja on Saturdays, Sundays and Tuesdays.
- It is better to avoid, Divaskarma, Hadpaksha and Shraadh paksha for such auspicious activity.
What to avoid in Bhoomi Pooja?
- One must avoid performing this pooja on Saturdays, Sundays and Tuesdays. These days aren’t very auspicious for this pooja.
- It is better to avoid, Divaskarma, hadpaksha and shraadh paksha for such auspicious activity.
- Fourth, Ninth and Fourteenth teethis are not ideal for this pooja.
- Avoid beginning the construction work in case a female in the household is more than seven months pregnant.
How does Lunar Constellations impact Bhoomi Pooja?
- On the very first day of construction work, one must calculate the number of lunar constellation.
- If the number is between 1 to 7 or 19 to 28 than at that time the day for performing the pooja is inauspicious.
- However, if the resulting number is from 8 to 18 than that particular day is very auspicious.
How to perform Bhoomi Pooja?
Here’s how to do Bhoomi Pooja:
- The first step for performing the pooja is to clean the site. Also, one must clean the dirt and get rid of all trash holes from the area.
- Secondly, one must dig a hole in the northeast direction on the construction site.
- Thirdly, the worshipper should sit facing east at the time of After the puja, the lady of the house boils the milk and it is necessary that the milk should spill over this pooja.
- One should place the idols of Ganesha, Goddess Lakshmi and other deities that one worships on a clean platform.
- It is the Ganesh pooja that marks the beginning of any auspicious work in Hinduism. Then a havan takes place.
- Then one places the coconut used in the pooja covered with red cloth in the ground. Also, silver idols of Naag and Naagin are placed inside the ground.
- The other major rituals include Devi pooja, taking a Sankalpa, shatkarma, pran pratishtha and Manglik dravya sthapana.
What are the requirements for Bhoomi Pooja?
Here’s a list of articles required for Bhoomi Pooja –
|Samagri/ Things required||Quantity|
|Kumkum (red sindoor)||100 grams|
|Turmeric powder||100 grams|
|Camphor /Karpuram||1 packet|
|Sandalwood powder||1 box|
|Incense (agarbatti) sticks||1 packet|
|Fruits||5 types 2 each|
|Beetle nuts||100 grams|
Other requirements for this pooja are –
- 1 set of Navaratnas (9 types of gems), a packet of dry dates, 5 Lemon (green limes), a set of Pancha Lohas (5 metals), 2 packets of Nava Dhanyam (9 types of seeds).
- Moreover, one also needs coins- Quarters 40, a 1/2 meter long white cloth, a matcbox, lamp, cotton wicks, oil, 10 panchpatras, udharini.
- A plate, a kalash ( kalasam), 5 bricks, a bell, a bedsheet, 4 plastic plates, a gods picture and 5 foam cups etc.
What is the cost of performing Bhoomi Pooja?
- This pooja cost depends on various factors. Contact us for the pricing.
- To seek the blessings of vaastu devta one must perform this pooja under the guidance of an experienced priest.
- Moreover, forth performing this pooja well being for the family and safety is ensured.
What are the stages related to construction of home?
As per the ancient scriptures, home-related muhuratas are divided into the following stages –
- Bhoomi Pooja which is the offering of honour to the mother earth.
- Balidaana which is the offertory ritual in Hinduism.
- Hala Karshaana is next in line where the levelling os the site takes place.
- Then takes place the sowing of the seeds which is called Ankuraa- Roopana.
- Then it is time for Shilaanyaasa which is the laying of the foundation stone
- After this, the digging of a well or water source is done.
- Then fixation of door frames takes place.
- Last is the entry in the new house i.e. Griha Pravesh.