Here is everything you want to know about Sahasra Kalasabhishekam in Tirumala.
What is Sahasra Kalasabhishekam?
Sahasra Kalasabhishekam seva is offered at Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam to Sri Bhoga Srinivasa Murthi – the silver replica deity of Mula Virat, the processional deities of Sri Malayappa Swamy varu along with his two consorts, Sri Viswaksena – the chief commander of Lord. This seva is performed to the deities after the second bell in the morning at the Bangaru Vakili.
Who should perform Sahasra Kalasabhishekam?
Here’s who should do Sahasra Kalasabhishekam:
- Any person seeking the divine blessings of Lord Balaji should perform this seva.
What are the best days to do Sahasra Kalasabhishekam?
The best days to perform Sahasra Kalasabhishekam are:
- This pooja is performed only on Wednesday.
- One should make prior booking to get the dates to perform this pooja.
- It should be performed early in the morning, the best time to do this pooja is 5.30 a.m.
What is the procedure for performing Sahasra Kalasabhishekam?
Here’s how to do Sahasra Kalasabhishekam:
- The Bhoga Srinivas Murthy who was the main deity was connected by using the thin silk rope with the Mula Virat in the sanctum (Garbhalayam)
- One end of the thin silk rope is kept near Kathithasta of the Mula Virat and the other end is attached to the Bhoga Srinivasa Murthy feet, symbolically is represents “Establish a new relationship in between the Bhoga Srinivasa Murthy and the main deity to achieve 2 purposes”.
- First one, it is very clear that Bhoga Srinivasa Murthy represents the Mula Virat
- And the other one, it becomes clear that the Sahasra Kalsabhishekam puja is offered to the main deity who is also known as the Bhoga Srinivasa Murthy.
- The Viswaksena idol is kept at the life side of Bhoga Srinivasa Murthy outside the Bangura Vakili.
- Sri Malayappa Swamy varu along with his consorts Sridevi and Bhudevi is kept at the right side of the main deity Bhoga Srinivasa Murthy outside the Bangura Vakili.
- During the seva the archakas arranged 1008 silver vessels that are filled with pure water (Known as Abhisheka Tirtha or Parimala Teertham) that includes sandal paste and there will be 8 Parivara Vessels & 1 Gold vessel that are filled with water are kept in the Mantapam before the Bangura Vakili.
- In this seva the Pancha Suktas and the Pancha Shanthi Mantras are enumerating by the archakas. After that the Thirumanjana Abhishekam is presented to the main deity Sri Bhoga Srinivasa Murthy, Viswaksena and Sri Malayappa Swamy and his consorts.
- Mainly this seva is offered to the main deity Sri Bhoga Srinivasa Murthy and the content from kumbham is sprinkled on the feet of Sri Bhoga Srinivasa Murthy.
Where to perform Sahasra Kalasabhishekam?
A devotee can perform this pooja in the tirumala temple premises. It is performed only on Wednesday.
What is the cost of Sahasra Kalasabhishekam?
The pilgrims who wish to be a part of Sahasra Kalasabhishekam seva, they need to book tickets either online through tirumala website or offline. Ticket cost is approximately Rs. 850/- per person. The pilgrim can book for 6 persons at a time.