Bala Hanuman Temple Jamnagar, Gujarat is famous for its spectacular design. The temple has earned its place in the Guinness Book of World Records because of the chanting of ‘Sri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram’. Devotees also believe that it is one of the oldest temples built in Jamnagar. It is on the south-eastern part of the Ramnal Lake.
Bala Hanuman Temple in Jamnagar, Gujarat is also included in our exciting Dwarka Somnath Tour Packages.
Facts About Bala Hanuman Temple
|Opening and Closing Timings||6:00 AM – 10:00 PM|
|Entry Fee||No fee|
|Time taken for Darshan||30 minutes to 1 hour|
|Nearest Airport||Jamnagar Domestic Airport|
What are the timings of Bala Hanuman Temple Jamnagar?
Here are the timings of Bala Hanuman Temple Jamnagar:
Which rituals are performed at Bala Hanuman Temple Jamnagar?
The Arti (daily worship) takes place in the mornings but it is the Akhand Ram Dhun that attracts devotees all over the world. This nonstop act of devotion can be witnessed to be at its peak during the evening. Devotees flock and contribute at this more enduring hours.
Take a look at some of the special weekday rituals in the temple –
|Mangla darshan (Sundays)||6:00 AM|
|Shangar Darshan (Mondays)||6:30 AM|
|Mangala arti (Tuesdays)||7:00 AM|
|Raj Bhog (Wednesdays)||12:00 PM|
|Utthapan (Thursdays)||4:30 PM|
|Sandhya arti (Fridays)||7:00 PM|
|Shayan Darshan (Saturdays)||10:00 PM|
What is the significance of Bala Hanuman Temple Jamnagar?
The significance of the Bala Hanuman Temple Jamnagar is that the great deeds of Lord Hanuman have led to the constant chanting of the “Ram Dhun” in the temple that captivates all devotees visiting the place. This relentless chanting is played out by priests and devotees.
The temple complex is on the periphery of Jamnagar’s central lake. It remains open throughout the night so that those who want to contribute to the good work can do so at any point in time.
The temple is in honour of Lord Hanuman, Ram-Laxman and Janakji. Their idols are in the middle and Hanuman Ji resides on one side. There is also a big framed photo of Shri Prembhiksinji Maharaj on the second side.
What is the history of Bala Hanuman Temple Jamnagar?
The history of the Bala Hanuman Temple Jamnagar is that Shri Prembhikshuji Maharaj established the Bala Hanuman temple in the years 1963-64. In many places, the “ram dhun” is chanted in the name of Shri Prembhikshuji Maharaj. This temple is one of the oldest ones that he built.
Jamnagar itself has an intriguing history that dates back to 1540 A.D. Jamnagar is often termed as “Nawanagar” which means “new city”. Shri Jam Raval built it. Jam Raval was a descendant of Jam Halla who was one of the heirs of Lord Krishna. Jamnagar also has many temples like Sidhnath Mahadev Temple, Bhid Bhnajan temple, Khileswar Temple and many others. This city has a beautiful design with good roads and intricate gardens and was once famous as the “Jewel of Kathiyawad”.
Shri Prembhikshuji became a sannyasin. He started the tradition of Akhand ( non-stop) chanting of Ram Nama at Jamnagar and then gradually spread this tradition at Dwarka, Porbandar, Rajkot, Junagadh and other places.
The Bala Hanuman temple venerated a lot of devotion throughout the years. It’s the atmosphere of purity and sanctity that attracts pilgrims all over the world.
Visit the temple website for the latest news and to watch exciting temple videos.
About the architecture of the Temple
The architecture of the temple is moderately modern. It is built on the south-eastern portion of the Ramnal lake. The temple’s structure also portrays intricate architecture that consists of ethnically designed pillars and amazing carvings. There is also a common saying that goes around the area that the temple endured natural calamities like cyclones, earthquakes and even cross border invasions.
How to reach Bala Hanuman Temple Jamnagar?
Here’s how to reach Bala Hanuman Temple Jamnagar:
- Road- The bus passes through the Bedi gate before reaching its stand so you can also get off at Bedi gate.
- Air- Jamnagar Domestic Airport is the nearest airport to Bala Hanuman. It is 11.2 km away from the temple.
- Rail- The Hapa railway station is 28 km away that people often prefer while travelling.
Where to stay nearby?
Here are some places where you can stay near Bala Hanuman Temple:
- The Hotel Regency– This hotel at Pandit Nehru Marg, Valkeshwari is a pretty reasonable place to stay. The place also has spacious rooms and delicious eatables.
- Hotel Hanuman– This hotel in Belgaum also offers well-suited accommodation. It welcomes bookings for its soothing atmosphere and advantageous position that helps to visit places well known nearby.
- Hotel Vraj Inn– This is another place for a reasonable stay at Jamnagar. It has excellent services and impeccable room qualities.
What are some temples nearby?
Some of the places near Bala Hanuman Temple Jamnagar are:
- The Bhidbhanjan temple– It is a popular place to visit once you visit the Bala Hanuman Temple at Jamnagar. It is a divine place to pay your visit to Lord Shiva and other Gods and Goddesses. It shows architecture made up of western influences.
- The Dwarkadhish temple– It is another place of worship and pilgrimage to pay a visit. Here one gets the darshan of Lord Dwarkadhish. This temple is for Lord Krishna. It is also famous as Jagat Mandir. Moreover, it has a peaceful atmosphere where one can achieve divinity through peace offerings.
- The BAPS Shri Swaminarayan temple– This temple at Indira Marg is another famous spot to visit. Here the management is effective. The preparation of the daily meal also takes place in a hygienic atmosphere. People visit here often to see it’s wonderful structure and intricate workings.
If you have any questions about Bala Hanuman Temple in Jamnagar, please leave a comment below, and we will get back to you within one hour.