Here is everything you want to know about Ashtadala Pada Padmaradhana Seva of Lord Venkateswara in Tirumala Tirupati.
What is Ashtadala Pada Padmaradhana Seva?
Ashtadala Pada Padmaradhana Seva is conducted after the second bell in Tirumala Temple. This ritual was initially introduced in Srivari Temple in 1984 when a Muslim devotee presented Lord Srinivasa with 108 gold lotuses. The Archana begins by offering dhupa to the key deity followed by reciting Devadasa (108) names of the Lord.
Each chant is followed by one golden lotus offered at the holy feet of the lord Srinivasa.
Who should perform Ashtadala Pada Padmaradhana Seva?
Here’s who should do the Seva:
- A single person or a couple can perform this pooja for their successful life.
What are the benefits of performing Ashtadala Pada Padmaradhana Seva?
Here are the benefits of the Seva:
- The Devotee can financial stability and get the divine blessings of the Lord.
- People also believe that by doing this pooja they can get good health, harmony success, and fulfillment of desires.
What are the best days to do Ashtadala Pada Padmaradhana Seva?
The best days to perform the seva are:
- This pooja is performed on every Tuesday in the Tirumala temple.
- One should make prior bookings to get the dates to perform this pooja.
- It should be performed early in the morning, the best time to do this pooja is 5.30 a.m.
What is the procedure for performing Ashtadala Pada Padmaradhana Seva?
Here’s how to do the Seva:
- The Archana begins with the puja by offering dhupa and diva to the key deity.
- Then the pujaris enumerate the Devadasa names of the Lord.
- While reciting each name of the Lord, one golden lotus is offered at the feet of Lord Srinivasa.
- On completion of the Archana for the main deity Archana is then offered for Goddess Lakshmi and Goddess Padmavati.
- After that Ratha aarti is offered first, followed by usual aarti.
- During this special puja, the arjitha ticket holders are seated in the Antalya corridor that is located between the Kulasekhara padi and Bangaru Vakili.
What are the materials required for Ashtadala Pada Padmaradhana Seva?
The basic materials required for Ashtadala Seva are turmeric powder, sandalwood powder, Kumkum, betel leaves, supari, rice, camphor, mango leaves, and the most important golden lotus. Apart from these if any other materials are required, they are provided after booking the ticket for this pooja.
Where to perform Ashtadala Pada Padmaradhana Seva?
A devotee can perform this pooja in the Tirumala temple premises. It is performed only on Tuesday. Devotees can take a seat inside Garbha Griha, once they are seated in the garbha griha the curtains will be closed at the Jaya Vijaya statues which is the last door.
What is the cost of Ashtadala Seva?
The cost of performing this pooja is Rs.1,250 per person. They can get the tickets from the Tirumala temple website.
How can I Book this seva??
We are 3 members in a family, wife husband and my daughter 13 years. How can I book for this seva? Please tell me sir.
Hi I need the tickets for astadala pada padmaradhana seva
Hi need tickets for Ashtadala Seva
Ramachandra M says
Most helpful and narrative. Thanks