Muktinath Yatra Overview
|Tour Name||Muktinath Yatra – Nepal Tourism|
|Duration||4 Nights/ 5 Days|
|Starting From / Ex||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Places Covered||✓ Pashupatinath Temple|
✓ Muktinath Temple
✓ Manakamana Temple
✓ Jala Narayan Temple
|Optional Addition|| • Nagarkot|
• Chitwan National Park
• Flight to Everest
Customizable as per your needs
|Price||Starting from ₹ 24,000|
People’s Choice of Most Trusted Tour Operator
Itinerary in a Nutshell
- Day 1 – Arrival at Kathmandu & Visit Pashupatinath Temple
- Day 2 – Drive to Pokhara & Manakamana Temple
- Day 3 – Fly to Jomsom & Muktinath Temple
- Day 4 – Fly back to Pokhara, Sightseeing at Pokhara & Drive to Kathmandu
- Day 5 – Jal Narayan Temple, Airport Drop, End of Tour
✅ Accommodation on Twin Sharing Basis in hotels mentioned in the itinerary
✅ Breakfast as per the itinerary.
✅ Flight ticket from Pokhara to Jomsom & return back to Pokhara.
✅ Sightseeing mentioned as per the Itinerary
✅ Transportation by Private Vehicle, AC Car/Van/Hiace/Bus
✅ Tolls and taxes
✅ Jomsom – Muktinath – Jomsom Transfer by Jeep/Coach on Sharing Basis
✅ Permit Fee for Annapurna Conservation Area
❌ GST of 5% will be charged extra.
❌ Expenses of personal nature, extra meals and beverages ordered, medical, laundry, phone calls, etc.
❌ Cable Car charges at Manakamana Temple
❌ Entrance Fee of Sightseeing Spots
❌ VISA Fee for Nepal Entry
❌ Travelers Insurance
❌ Any expenses caused by reasons beyond our control e.g. flight cancellation/delays, personal illness, accidents or weather disturbance.
❌ Anything else that is not mentioned in the ‘Cost Includes’ section
Trip Pricing (Per Person)
|No. of People||Budget Package||Premium Package|
|2 to 5 People||Rs.27,000||Rs.31,000|
|6 to 10 People||Rs.26,000||Rs.29,000|
|11 & Above||Rs.24,000||Rs.27,000|
Or Request A Free Quote ✉
Muktinath Yatra Full Itinerary
Day 1: Kathmandu arrival & Pashupatinath Temple
- Pick up from Kathmandu International Airport. Your Muktinath Yatra starts at this point.
- Proceed to check into the hotel.
- Visit Pashupatinath Temple and Guhyeshwari Shakti Peetha. If you arrive late, we can visit these temples the next day early morning.
- Overnight stay at Kathmandu.
Day 2: Manakamana Temple, Gorkha
- We leave from Kathmandu today morning and drive to Pokhara.
- Visit the famous Manakamana Temple on the way and be a part of temple festivities and darshan.
- Overnight stay at Pokhara.
Day 3: Muktinath Temple, Jomsom
- We leave from Pokhara early morning to the airport and fly to Jomsom.
- Then proceed to drive from Jomsom to Muktinath by Jeep.
- Visit the famous Muktinath Temple and complete darshan.
- Later drive back to Jomsom.
- Visit Annapurna Conservation Area if time permits.
- Overnight stay at Jomsom.
Day 4: Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Early morning drive to the airport and fly back to Pokhara.
- Explore the beautiful sightseeing around Pokhara.
- Visit Phewa Lake, Tal Barahi Temple, Devi’s Falls and Gupteshwor Mahadev Cave.
- Later drive back to Kathmandu.
- Overnight stay at Kathmandu.
Day 5: Departure from Kathmandu
- We start our day early morning exploring the city of Kathmandu.
- Visit Jal Narayan Temple if time permits.
- Later proceed to drop off at Kathmandu Airport for your return journey.
- Saying Goodbyes!
- End of your Muktinath Yatra with so many good memories.
Hotels Provided (Double Occupancy)
|Day||Location||Budget Plan||Premium Plan|
|Day 1||Kathmandu||Lapha, Magnificent View||Apsara Boutique, Buddy|
|Day 2||Pokhara||Admire, Grand Holiday Inn||Penansula, Mount View, Tuki Resort|
|Day 4||Kathmandu||Lapha, Magnificent View||Apsara Boutique, Buddy|
Featured Places & Tour Highlights
1) Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu
- Largest Temple Complex of Nepal dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- One of the Eight UNESCO Cultural Heritage Sites of Kathmandu Valley.
- Things To Do:
- Holy Bath in Bagmati River & Gauri Ghat
- Watch the Largest Statue of Nandi
- A Thrilling View of Western Cremation Ghats at River Bagmati.
- Guhyeshwari Shakti Peetha, Buddha Statue, Raj Rajeshwari Temple.
2) Manakamana Temple, Gorkha
- Most Sacred Pilgrimage between Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Believed that Goddess Manakamana grants the wishes of people visiting this pilgrimage.
- Things To Do:
- Spectacular Cable Car Ride.
- Mountain Views of Manaslu & Himalchuli.
- Annapurna Ranges & Trisuli River.
3) Muktinath Temple, Mustang
- Pilgrims attain Salvation or Moksha here and get rid of the cycle of birth & death.
- One of the Highest Temples in the world (built at an altitude of 3800m).
- Things To Do:
- Mukti Dhara – 108 Holy Water Springs of River Gandaki.
- Laxmi Saraswati Kunda.
- Jwala Mai Temple.
- Annapurna Conservation Area.
- Shaligram Stones – Fossils of Jurassic Park Age found in River Gandaki.
Testimonials – Stories of our Customers
Thank you so much for a job well done!
“We were so happy and satisfied with all the hotel and travel arrangements made by Myoksha Travels. The driver & the guide were soft-spoken and well behaved. Myoksha staff also WhatsApp me on a daily basis to find out everything is to our satisfaction.
Pancha Dwarka Tour 2017 & Muktinath Yatra 2018
Your team is prefect example for service industry.?
Will surely get back to you again!
“Thanks to Myoksha for organising my tour to Muktinath and Pashupatinath so nicely and for being so helpful. It was raining heavily, so they helped me to postpone my plan. They rescheduled it and helped me to cover all the places as per the Itinerary.”
MUKTINATH & PASHUPATINATH YATRA 2018
Myoksha Travels made my travel Memorable!
“Ms. Parul at Mumbai took proper care of my Nepal Itinerary and communicated very timely. I inquired them just 3 days prior to my travel and everything worked out very well!”
Muktinath yatra NEPAL 2019
You’ve been so helpful.? Keep up the great work!
“Thanks for making the trip to Muktinath easy and comfortable for my parents. It was really memorable for them. Looking forward for more trips with Myoksha Travel.”
MUKTINATH YATRA NEPAL 2018
Related Videos on Muktinath Yatra
More Information on Muktinath Yatra
Best Season for Travel to Muktinath Yatra
The best times to visit Muktinath in Nepal are:
- Autumn ? (September to November): This is the best time to visit Muktinath and also the peak season in Nepal. This season is not so hot and not so cold. The weather is clear and dry providing an excellent view of mountains and blue sky.
- Spring ? (March to May): This is the second-best season for Muktinath Yatra in Nepal. The temperature is moderate at this time.
- Summer ☀ (June to August): There can be high temperature during this time. Also, it covers the rainy season where there are chances of landslides making road tour to Muktinath difficult. However, this is the best trekking season.
- Winter ☃ (December to February): Muktinath region is fully covered with snow during these months. It is preferable to use mountain flights only to visit Muktinath during these months.
What are the necessary documents and valid ID Proof need to be carried for Muktinath Yatra?
- For Foreigners: Passport is a must for foreign nationals.
- For Indian Citizen: For Indian Nationals, Passport can be the best document. However, if you don’t have the passport, you can carry some alternate documents for the Yatra.
- Nepalese Immigration Rules – Indian Nationals travelling to Nepal must carry any ONE of the following documents:
- Driving License with photo
- PAN Card
- Photo Identity Card issued by a Government Agency
- Ration Card with Photo
- Election Commission Card with Photo
- Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu
- Identity Card with Photo issued by Sub- Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above his rank
- VISA Requirement – Indian nationals do not require any Visa to enter Nepal.
- Is Aadhaar card valid for Travelling to Nepal? – Indians under 15 and over 65 years of age, travelling to Nepal can use their Aadhaar cards as a valid travel document.
Muktinath Travel Permits
In order to avail the Muktinath Yatra, you need to have certain permits, These permits are required either when you trek, travel by road or fly to Muktinath.
- Annapurna Conversation Area Project Permit (ACAP): This permit costs around 2000 NRS. You can obtain this permit from Nepal Tourism Board, Kathmandu or Pokhara.
- Trekkers Information Management System Permit (TIMS): You can collect this permit from TAAN at Saatghumti, Thamel. You can also collect it from Mali Gaun, Kathmandu or at Pokhara.
What are the timings of Muktinath Temple?
Here are the timings of the Muktinath Temple:
|Morning Darshan||5:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Evening Darshan||2:00 PM||9:00 PM|
Popular routes to travel to Muktinath Temple, Nepal ⛰
How to reach Muktinath from Kathmandu?
- Road: The distance by road from Kathmandu to Muktinath is 378 km via Prithvi way and 460 km from Ah2 and Prithvi way. It takes 14 to 17 hours to reach depending on the route taken.
- Train: There are no train ways connecting Kathmandu and Muktinath.
- Air: Due to bad weather conditions flying is a bit difficult. You can fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara which takes 25 minutes. From there, take another flight to Jomson. This is a 15-minute flight. From there, drive to the temple. There are direct flights from almost every major city in India to Kathmandu such as Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkatta, and Delhi.
- Mountain Flight: You can fly from Kathmandu to Muktinath via a Mountain Flight. The Mountain Flight drops you off at a place from where it is a 30 minutes walk to the temple.
How to reach Muktinath from Pokhara?
There are no direct flights from Pokhara to Muktinath. For Muktinath Darshan, one can travel via flight from Pokhara, and then take a 15-minute mountain flight from Pokhara to Jomsom. From Jomsom, there are Jeeps available to the holy shrine of Muktinath Temple.
- Road: This is the best way to travel this distance. The distance between the places is 175 km via Buglung Rajmarg and takes 8 hours and 40 minutes. as the conditions of the roads here are not well, it can only be covered by Jeep.
- Train: There are no train ways from Pokhara to Muktinath Mandir.
- Air: You can take a 15 minutes flight to Jomsom and then drive to the temple.
- Mountain Flight: One can take a Mountain Flight from Pokhara to Muktinath. The Mountain Flight drops you off at a place from where it is a 30 minutes walk to the temple.
How to reach Muktinath Temple via Delhi?
The journey from Delhi to the Muktinath Temple has to be divided into two parts.
- Option 1: You can either travel to Pokhara by road and from there you can either take a Jeep or take a mountain flight to Muktinath Mandir.
- Option 2: Alternatively, you can travel to Kathmandu and from there travel to Pokhara.
We will pick you up from Pokhara/ Kathmandu/ Gorakhpur and start your journey onwards with us.
Muktinath Tour by Road ?
Pokhara to Muktinath by Jeep
The tour to Muktinath is an adventurous trip. This is because of the conditions of the road. Travel access here is difficult because of the conditions of the weather. Since the roads are bumpy and off sometimes it is best to travel in a Jeep there.
- Pokhara to Muktinath Jeep Fare: The Jeep cost from Pokhara to Muktinath is Rs. 25,000/- INR. This is the cost of going on one day and returning on the next day.
Jomsom to Muktinath by Jeep
The distance between Muktinath from Jomsom Jeep Station is 23 km via Muktinath Sadak and Kaagbni Sadak. You can take a Jeep from the Jomsom Jeep Station and travel till the Muktinath Temple.
- Jomsom to Muktinath Jeep Fare: The Jeep fare from Jomsom to Muktinath is Rs. 9,500/- INR. The Jeep can accommodate 6 people. This is the cost of the Jeep returns on the same day.
Muktinath Tour by Air
Kathmandu to Muktinath via Flight ✈
You can fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara which will take you about 25 minutes. From there, you can take a 15-minute flight to Jomson and travel on a Jeep from Jomsom to the Muktinath Temple. This is the fastest way to complete your Muktinath yatra.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara Flight Fare: You can take a flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara. Kathmandu to Pokhara flight to and fro costs Rs. 6,000/ INR.
- Pokhara to Jomsom Flight Fare: In our Pashupati and Muktinath Tour, we can provide you with Mountain Flights from Pokhara to Jomson. The flight fare from Pokhara to Jomsom is around Rs. 6,000/- INR.
Helicopter Services in Pokhara
There are no helicopter services from Pokhara. However, we can provide Mountain Flights from Pokhara to Muktinath.
Muktinath Darshan by Helicopter ?
There are no helicopters to Muktinath. However, in Muktinath Yatra 2019, one can travel by flight. You have to break your journey.
|Kathmandu to Pokhara||Flight||Rs. 6,000/-|
|Pokhara to Jomsom||Mountain Flight||Rs. 6,000/-|
|Jomsom to Pokhara||Jeep||Rs. 9,500/-|
Muktinath Tour Packages
From Pokhara to Muktinath
- Option1: Our representatives can either pick you up from Pokhara on a Jeep and drive you to the Muktinath Mandir.
- Option 2: Alternatively, you can fly to Jomsom, we can arrange a Jeep to pick you up from Jomsom and drive you to the Mandir.
- Option 3: We can also arrange mountain flights and fly you to the Mandir from Pokhara. There are no options for a car or a bus.
From Gorakhpur to Muktinath
- Option 1: We can pick you up from Gorakhpur and drive you to Muktinath.
- Option 2: You can opt for flying till Jomsom and we would pick you up from there for your journey onwards.
- Option 3: If you want to ride mountain flights till Muktinath, we can provide you with the same.
Muktinath Tour Nepal FAQs
Yes, Indian currency is totally valid in Nepal. However, if you want to exchange the currency, you may do so at the airport by providing your travel documents and ID proof.
You may carry a maximum of 5-7 kgs/person on the flight. You can also take a locker room in Pokhara and leave some extra baggage there since you need only 1-night stay at Jomsom.
Yes, you can drive your own car to Nepal. You just need to carry an Indian driving license with you.
You will need to walk a maximum of 500 meters to reach the Muktinath temple.
If you want to avoid walking, there are also options of Palkies and ponies which you can book on spot there. They will cost around Rs. 1000 – 2000 INR. Do negotiate with the cost.
By Flight: Muktinath Yatra can be started after reaching Kathmandu via a flight.
By Rail/Road: Muktinath Yatra can also be started after reaching Gorakhpur/Raxaul via train or car.
You can take at most 5 Nights/6 Days to complete the Muktinath Yatra.
The complete tour package from Kathmandu to Muktinath via Pokhara would cost around Rs.30,000 per head depending on the tour package one chooses and the number of people travelling. Generally, if more people travel together, the cost per head reduces.
Page Designed By
Megha Agrawal – Content Manager at Myoksha
If you have any queries, feel free to leave a reply and we will get back to you within an hour.