Best Time to Visit Char Dham Yatra is during May and June. It is summer during these months and the weather is at its best. September-October is also an ideal time for the chardham yatra. You must avoid travelling during July and August. During this time this place witness’s heavy rainfall.
The shrines of the Char Dhams that is Kedarnath, Badrinath, Yamunotri and Gangotri are kept open for the pilgrims for only some months. It begins from April or May and ends in October or November. The shrines are kept closed due to extreme weather conditions and cold during the winters.
- Summer Season: This is the best season to take the Yatra. April to June covers the summers. This season is beautiful with beautiful views and freshness everywhere. Although, even during the summers, it can get extremely cold during the evening. You must thus carry proper warm clothes to protect yourself.
- Monsoon Season: The main season covers the months of July and August. This place witnesses heavy rainfall during these months. There are chances of landslides and floods. It is advised not to travel during these months.
- Pre-Winter Season: September is also a very ideal time to visit the Char Dhams. Just after the rains, the weather and the views become beautiful. The places are full of greenery. The beauty of the whole region increases during this time.
- Winter Season: Winters at this place starts around the end of November and continues till March. Due to extremely cold weather, the shrines are kept closed for the pilgrims. It again opens in April.
Char Dham Yatra Travel Guide
- Char Dham Yatra Dates
- Places to visit during Char Dham Yatra
- Char Dham Yatra Packages
- Char Dham Yatra Registration
- History of Char Dham Yatra
- Significance of Char Dham Yatra
- Char Dham Yatra Map
- Char Dham Yatra Itinerary
- Char Dham Yatra Cost
- Best Time to Visit Char Dham Yatra
- Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter
- Char Dham Yatra Hotels
- Char Dham Yatra Tips
- Char Dham Yatra FAQ