Visit the most important Ramayana Sights in Sri Lanka. Contact us now to customize the trip as per your requirements.
Duration: 4-8 Days
Starting From: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Places to visit: Rumassala Mountain, Ussangoda, Kataragama Temple, Nuwara Eliya, Ravana Cave & Ravana waterfall, Diurumpola Temple, Seeta Amman Temple, Ashok Vatika, Hakgala Botanical Gardens, Nuwara Eliya, Kandy, Chilaw.
Dates: Any Day, Customize as per your needs.
Mode of Payment: Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card/Cash. Just 10% advance needed for confirmation.
Pricing: Contact us now.
- Day-1: Pick up at Bandaranaike International Airport. On arrival at the airport you will be transferred to Kataragama. En route visit Rumasssala Mountain & Ussangoda. On arrival to Kataragama, check in to the hotel and spend rest of the day at leisure. Evening visit Kataragama temple. Overnight stay at Kataragama. Rumassala– Legend details that during the Rama – Ravana war Rama’s brother Lakshmana, was injured and Hanuman was sent to Himalayas to fetch medicinal herbs. Hanuman forgot the name of the herb, but he brought a chunk of the peak containing many herbs. However, the mountain fragment slipped and broke into five pieces of which one fell to Rumassala. Ussangoda– After meeting Seetha Devi Lord Hanuman decided to test the strength of the mighty King Ravana and his army of Rakshasas. If unfolded Lord Hanuman’s tail was set on fire by the Rakshasas, who in turn went on to torch some parts of King Ravana’s empire. Ussangoda is one of the torched areas, which is said to have been an airport used by King Ravana. Kataragama – This is the temple of Lord Karthikeya Subramaniam at Kataragama. Lord Karthikeya was requested to go to the battlefield by Lord Indra on the last day of war. This was done to protect Lord Rama from the wrath of Brahmasthra aimed by King Ravana which otherwise would have weakened Lord Rama. The benefit was one of the most powerful weapon brahma asthra aimed at Lord Rama for the second time was rendered useless by the presence of Lord Karthikeya.
- Day 2: After breakfast, you will be transferred to Nuwara Eliya. En route visit Ravana Cave & Ravana waterfall. On arrival to Nuwara Eliya you can do a city tour in Nuwara Eliya including Seeta Amman Temple, Ashok Vatika. Afternoon visit Hakgala Botanical Garden. Overnight stay at Nuwara Eliya. Ravana Cave & Waterfall– These tunnels prove beyond doubt the architectural brilliance of King Ravana. The tunnels served as a quick means of transport through the hills and as a secret passage. They networked all the important cities, airports and dairy farms. It’s also said that king Ravana captured the prince Seetha and kept her hidden in a cave which is located behind the Ravana falls. Diurumpola temple –This is the place where Seetha Devi underwent “Agni Pariksha” (test). It is a popular place of worship among locals in this area. Divurumpola means place of oath in Sinhala. The legal system permits and accepts the swearing done at this temple while settling disputes between parties. Seeta Amman temple– the temple for Lord Rama, Seetha Devi, Lakshmana and Hanuman built on the sides of the stream where Seetha Devi bathed. The Ashok Vatika is one of the place where Ravana kept the Sitha Devi captive. Some of the interesting findings here include the rock on which Sita used to sat and meditate. Hakgala Botanical Garden– This is the exotic pleasure garden where King Ravana kept the depressed Sita, insisting that she marries him. It was here where the heartwarming meeting took place between her and Hanuman, who brought her Rama’s ring with the news that Rama was looking for her.
- Day 3: After breakfast at the hotel proceed to Kandy. En route visit Tea Plantation and Tea factory, Ramboda waterfall and Sri Bhakta hanuman temple. On arrival to Kandy, you can visit Kandy temple of tooth. Overnight stay at Kandy. Ramboda – where Hanuman was searching for Sita, the Chinmaya Mission of Sri Lanka built the Sri Bhakta Hanuman Temple which is visited by thousands of devotees every year.
- Day 4: After breakfast at the hotel proceed to Chilaw & visit Munishwaram Temple & Manavari Temple. Overnight stay in Chilaw. Munishwaram Temple– Lord Rama after his victorious battle left for Ayodhya in one of King Ravana’s Vimanas.He felt he was being followed by Bramahathi Dosham as he killed King Ravana who was a Brahmin. He stopped the Vimana at this juncture because he felt at this place the “Bramahathi Dosham” was not following him. He descended from the Vimana and asked God Shiva for a remedy. God Shiva blessed Lord Rama and advised him to install and pray four lingams in Manavari, Thirukoneshwaram, Thiruketheeswaram and Rameshwaram in India, as the only remedy to get rid of the Dosham. Manavari Temple– Manavari is the first lingam installed and prayed by Lord Rama and till date this lingam is called as Ramalinga Shivan. Rameshwaram is the only other lingam in the world named after Lord Rama.
- Day 5: After breakfast check-out from the hotel. Drop off at the airport for your onward journey.