Aksharabhyasam in Sringeri Temple is performed by couples with young children as a start to their education. This ritual is special because the presiding deity Sri Sharadamba is the Goddess of intelligence and knowledge.
Sringeri Temple Timings for Aksharabhyasam
- Timings: 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Ticket Cost: Rs.250 for one child and parents
- Location: Sri Sharadamba Temple
Sringeri Aksharabhyasam Booking
- No advance booking is required.
- The seva ticket can be purchased at the temple counter by paying Rs.250.
- Child should be between the age of 2.5 years and 5 years.
- Child should be able to understand and speak well.
- Bring with you a writing slate and chalk.
- Recommended Dress Code: Men – Dhoti/Kurta Pyjama. Women – Saree/Chudidar/Half Saree.
Best days to perform Sringeri Aksharabhyasam
- Aksharabhyasa is performed on all days other than Amavasya.
- Auspicious days – Akshaya Tritiya, Vijaya Dasami, Lalita Panchami, Moola Nakshatra Day and Thursdays.
- There will be huge crowds on festival days and during April-May.
Sringeri Aksharabhyasa Procedure
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Here is the procedure to perform Aksharabhyasam in Sringeri Temple:
- Performed in Groups
The pooja is performed in groups inside Sharadamba Temple.
- Headed by Temple Priest
The temple priest will provide clear instructions on how to perform the pooja.
- Child writing the letters
The temple priest will hold the child’s hand and write the letters.
- Sharadamba Darshan
Have darshan of Sri Sharadamba after the pooja for a successful aksharabhyasa of your child.