Aksharabhyasam in Sringeri Temple is performed by couples with young children as a start to their education. This ritual is special because the presiding deity Sri Sharadamba is the Goddess of intelligence and knowledge.
Find out best date for Aksharbhyasa
Want to know the best date for Aksharabhyasa for your kid? Email us now with your kid’s date of birth and our pandit will suggest the best date.
Sringeri Temple Timings for Aksharabhyasam
- Timings: 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Ticket Cost: Rs.250 for one child and parents
- Location: Sri Sharadamba Temple
Sringeri Aksharabhyasam Booking
- No advance booking is required.
- The seva ticket can be purchased at the temple counter by paying Rs.250.
- Child should be between the age of 2.5 years and 5 years.
- Child should be able to understand and speak well.
- Bring with you a writing slate and chalk.
- Recommended Dress Code: Men – Dhoti/Kurta Pyjama. Women – Saree/Chudidar/Half Saree.
Best days to perform Sringeri Aksharabhyasam
- Aksharabhyasa is performed on all days other than Amavasya.
- Auspicious days – Akshaya Tritiya, Vijaya Dasami, Lalita Panchami, Moola Nakshatra Day and Thursdays.
- There will be huge crowds on festival days and during April-May.
Sringeri Aksharabhyasa Procedure
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Here is the procedure to perform Aksharabhyasam in Sringeri Temple:
- Performed in Groups
The pooja is performed in groups inside Sharadamba Temple.
- Headed by Temple Priest
The temple priest will provide clear instructions on how to perform the pooja.
- Child writing the letters
The temple priest will hold the child’s hand and write the letters.
- Sharadamba Darshan
Have darshan of Sri Sharadamba after the pooja for a successful aksharabhyasa of your child.
Here is everything you want to know about Sringeri Temple