What is Yagyopavit Sanskar (Janeu)?
Yagyopavit Sanskar is a major rite among the 16 rites of Hinduism. In Sanatan Dharm, it is known as Upanayana Sanskar. Only after the Yagyopavit Sanskar, the right to recite the Puja in a Havan is obtained in the Yagya or else it is meaningless. Reading Gayatri Mantra is also forbidden before Yagyopavit Sanskar.
What are the benefits of Yagyopavit Sanskar?
- All sins committed in the child’s previous births are eliminated by performing Janeu rites.
- After Yagyopavit Sanskar rites, the child is considered ready to enter the religion.
- Wearing Janeu increases age, provides strength and intelligence.
- It inspires pure chanting, austerity, fasting and the attainment of learning keeps the mind happy.
What are the best time and days to perform Yagyopavit Sanskar?
- The age of the person is considered auspicious for conducting Yagyopavit Sanskar.
- It can be done at the age of 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16 years.
- However, it must be performed anytime before the marriage of the person.
What are the best days for wearing Janeu?
- Best Dates (Tithi) for wearing Janeu – Dwitiya, Tritiya, Panchami, Shashti, Dashami, Ekadashi, Trayodashi, Purnima dates are auspicious days for wearing Janeu.
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are the best days. Sunday and Monday are also considered auspicious days. Tuesdays and Saturdays are prohibited from wearing Janeu.
- Best Nakshatra for Yagyopavit Sanskar is Chitra, Swati, Pushya, Ghanistha, Ashwini, Mrigshira, Punarvasu Shravan and Revati.
- Experienced Pandit Ji’s with great knowledge
- Once you book your Pooja sit back and relax while we work on ensuring that you get a satisfying and divine Puja
- All rituals follow Vedic Standards and Procedures
- Guaranteed Punctuality and Authenticity
- High-quality Samagri to ensure a pleasant Puja experience
Cost (including havan): Rs. 7500 to 11000