Sarpa Samskara Pooja is one of the most powerful and potent ways of pleasing the Nagas. The pooja resolves the ill effects of killing a snake in a previous birth. Sarpa Samskara Pooja is performed in Kukke Subramanya Temple in Karnataka. The pooja removes the Sarpa Dosha from one’s horoscope. Our guide explains Sarpa Samskara Pooja procedure, how to book online, benefits of performing sarpa samskara pooja and the best dates to perform.
As per the legend of Kukke Subrahmanya, Lord Subrahmanya (Lord Shiva’s Son and popularly known as Karthikeya) is believed to be the protector of snakes. It is believed that Vasuki, the king of Snakes was protected from Garuda (Lord Vishnu’s bird) by Lord Subrahmanya at this very place. Hence, it is a common belief that anyone who harms a Snake must come and appease Lord Subrahmanya to get forgiveness from the divine sin.
How to book Sarpa Samskara Pooja online in Kukke Subramanya Temple?
You can book the pooja online at the official temple website https://eseva.kukke.org/sarpasamskara/default.aspx
The booking slots are opened 90 days in advance. But remember to book as soon as possible because the slots get filled very quickly.
You can also book the pooja offline by paying cash at the temple counter.
Who should perform Sarpa Samskara Pooja?
Here’s who should perform Sarpa Samskara Pooja:
- As per Hindu beliefs, any man or woman who has knowingly or unknowingly killed a snake in their previous birth suffers from the Sarpa Dosha in his or her horoscope. The direct effect of this Dosha is that one’s marriage can be delayed or unsuccessful. A person suffering from the Sarpa Dosha must perform this Pooja to atone for their sin. The astrologer usually informs one about the presence of the Sarpa Dosha in one’s horoscope.
- Any couples having infertility issues or trouble conceiving a child are advised to perform the Sarpa Samskara Pooja.
- A person experiencing delayed marriage or delay n occurrences of any important issues are advised to perform the Pooja.
- A person experiencing skin diseases or bad health must perform the Pooja.
What are the benefits of Sarpa Samskara Pooja?
Here’s the list of benefits of Sarpa Samskara Pooja:
- By offering the Sarpa Samskara Pooja to Lord Subrahmanya, it is believed that one gets relieved from the Sarpa Dosha in his or her horoscope.
- This Pooja is performed for achieving better career and financial growth of a person.
- Fertility and child-related issues are believed to be resolved by performing the Pooja.
- Problems such as delay in marriages and skin diseases are cured after performing this ritual.
When should I perform Sarpa Samskara Pooja?
The Sarpa Samskara Pooja can be performed on all days except Ekadashi, Dasami, Gokulashtami, Shivarathri, any Eclipse days, and during the Temple annual festival which lasts for about 15 days.
The monsoon season is not a suitable time to perform this pooja as the Temple is located in a hilly area where mudslides are very common.
How to perform Sarpa Samskara Pooja?
Time needed: 2 days.
Here is how to do Sarpa Samskara Pooja:
- Priest appointed by temple
A maximum of 4 persons are allowed to attend the pooja under 1 ticket. The temple appoints Brahmin priest for the people who are not well versed with the rituals of the Pooja.
- 2 days pooja
The whole pooja is a two-day program. The pooja starts at 7 AM on the first day and ends at 12:30 PM on the first day. The devotee has to wake up early and take a dip in the Kumaradhara River. They have to then report at the Adi Subrahmanya Temple where they will be given a Deeksha Vastra. This Vastra is important and should be worn on the second day of the Pooja.
- Food and prasadam
After the rituals end on the first day, the devotees are provided food and prasadam. As per the tradition, the participants of the pooja should not eat outside the temple premises during the two days of the pooja.
- Pinda Pradana
The second-day rituals consist of Pindi Pradana and Tarpana for 64 times. This ritual means the transferring of the soul to higher realms of existence and granting of Moksha. The pooja concludes with the Naga Prathishtha at the Subrahmanya Temple.
What are the materials required for Sarpa Samskara?
One must wear washed and decent clothes to the Temple premises. Men are advised to wear Dhoti and women must wear Saree or Salwar Suit. All the Sarpa Samskara Pooja articles will be provided by the Temple authorities by paying the required money at the counter.
Where to perform Sarpa Samskara Puja?
The Kukke Subramanya Temple located in the Subrahmanya district of Karnataka is the place where one must go to get rid of this Dosha. The Temple is located 280 km from Bengaluru. The beautiful temple town is easily reachable by road and train. Regular buses are available from all major cities and towns in Karnataka. The Subrahmanya railway station is also well connected to major cities in and around Karnataka.
Here is how to reach Kukke Subramanya Temple.
What is the cost of performing Sarpa Samskara Pooja?
The cost of performing the Sarpa Samskara Pooja at the Kukke Subrahmanya Temple is Rs.3,200. The Booking must be done well in advance as the unique pooja slots get filled up fast.
Ashlesha Bali Pooja
You can perform Ashlesha Bali Pooja after the completion of Sarpa Samskara Pooja on Day-2. This pooja usually lasts for 2 hours. It is performed on Ashlesha Nakshatra. The cost of the pooja is Rs.400.
If you have any questions about Sarpa Samskara Pooja, please leave your comment below or whatsapp us and we will get back to you within one hour.