Rudrabhishek is one of the most popular Vedic Hindu Rituals performed to appease the God of the Gods, Lord Shiva. This pooja is performed to worship Lord Shiva in one of his most popular Rudra forms. Nevertheless, in the Rudrabhishek puja, 108 names of Lord Shiva are chanted.
For NRI’s who cannot travel to India, We arrange for Rudrabhishek remotely at the Pandit’s place. Pooja will be performed on your name and gothra. Pooja will be live streamed and pooja videos will be shared with you on whatsapp. Pooja will be performed by Pandit Rahul Karnatak who is a very experienced priest and featured in The Times of India. Contact us now for booking this pooja.
This ritualistic pooja is one of the most widespread ones across all Shiva Temples. Moreover, it is of special importance at the sites of the major Shiva Lingas (mainly the ones in Ujjain, Nashik, Omkareshwar, Somnath, Bhimashankar and Rameshwaram).
The Pooja is one of the major means to remove the evils. And this pooja takes place according to the Vedic scriptures. The ritual helps the performer in attaining all the desires and awards like all-round material prosperity. Moreover, it can take place both at temples as well as at the home with a Brahman in front of a Shiva Linga.
Recitation of Rudrabhishek mantra is to get blessings of Lord Shiva. This mantra also goes by the name, Rudra Mantra.
ॐ नमो भगवते रूद्राय । (Om Namo Bhagwate Rudraya)
Who should perform Rudrabhishek?
Here is who should perform Rudrabhishek Puja:
- One must perform Rudrabhishek if he or she desires to get rid of the evil forces in life or the possible dangers in life.
- Further, one can also perform this pooja to gain can prosperity and overall happiness.
- Also, one can perform Rudrabhishek with a motive to have success in business and harmony in personal relationships.
- This pooja proves to be useful for the person who wants to get rid of any health issues.
- Moreover, someone wanting to have peace at home can perform this pooja.
- Nevertheless, this ritual Abhishek is also a part of the Graha Shanti Pooja.
What are the benefits of Rudrabhishek Puja?
Here is the list of benefits of performing this pooja:
- Beliefs are that performing this pooja protects one from all the possible evils.
- It guards one against health-related and financial dangers surrounding the life of a person.
- The Rudrabhishek ritual is helpful in gaining prosperity in career and job as well.
- It helps to dispose of any evil forces or effects of bad deeds.
- The recitation of Sri Rudram during the ritual identifies the 346 desires of human beings. And one can fulfil them to have a peaceful daily life.
- Moreover, this pooja serves as the ultimate remedy for many planetary Doshas.
When should I perform Rudrabhishek Puja?
- It is considerably auspicious to perform Rudrabhishek on a Monday as this day of the week is for Lord Shiva.
- Moreover, Shiva Ratri is also virtuous to perform Rudrabhishek as the devotees worship Lord Shiva everywhere during this time.
- However, beliefs say that one can perform Abhishek at any time after considering the auspicious Muhurat in the day.
- Performing Rudrabhishek on important occasions such as Graha Pravesh, Anniversaries or Birthdays is also good.
- Shravan Month is of special importance when considering to perform Rudrabhishek.
Time needed: 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Here’s how to do Rudrabhishek Puja:
- Bathing of Shiv Linga
The Abhishek begins by bathing the Linga with all the ingredients of the ritual including milk, yogurt, butter, and honey.
- Decoration of Shiv Linga
Then, decoration of Shiva Linga takes place with Bel Leaves, flowers, and Rudraksha.
- Recital of Laghunyasa
The priests perform the Rudrabhishek with the Rudraksha beads by reciting the Laghunyasa (Chant for Health and Healing).
- Recital of Shivopasana Mantra
Next, the chanting of Shivopasana Mantra takes place for protection from all evils.
- Recital of 108 names of Lord Shiva
Then the recitation of 108 names of Lord Shiva is done. It is also popular as Ashtottara Shatanamavali.
- Recital of Sri Rudram
The recitation of Sri Rudram then takes place which is a part of chapter 16 and 18 of the Yajur Veda. During the pooja, everybody needs to stay quiet and hear the shlokas and mantra.
Moreover, the chanting of Sri Rudram especially in a rhythm purifies the entire atmosphere and wipes out all the sins.
What are the materials required for this Pooja?
The most important 11 ingredients of the ritual are:
|Materials Required||Materials Required|
- These ingredients are customarily poured over the Shiva Linga and are believed to be pacifying the hot and fiery Lord Shiva.
- This helps in invoking the Lord’s blessings. Thus, this Abhishek is complete only after the mentioned offerings are made to Lord Shiva.
- Moreover, people employ many ingredients for the Pooja including a variety of fruits, flowers and all the other things dear to Lord Shiva.
Where to perform Rudrabhishek?
- It can be performed in front of an established Shiva Linga in a temple or at the home.
- Moreover, the placement of Linga should be such that its Yoni faces North and the performer of the ritual faces East.
- Nevertheless, the performer should sit on an Asana of Kusha, which aids the meditation in the most proper manner.
What is the cost of this Pooja?
- Performing Rudrabhishek at a temple can result in payment of the Dakshina to the Pandit or the participation fees at the temple.
- However, at home, it results in a total cost including the ingredients and the Dakshina to the Pandit hardly exceed Rs. 2,000/-.