Rahu Ketu Pooja in Srikalahasti is performed to minimize the effects of ill yoga. This dosha can be controlled by offering prayers to Lord Shiva at Srikalahasti Temple. The shadow planets – Rahu and Ketu are the most unfavorable planets. They bring negative effects to a person.
|Rahu Ketu Pooja Guide|
|Cost||Rs.300 to Rs.2500|
|Timings||6:00 am to 6:00 pm|
|Benefits||Minimize effects of ill yoga|
The Bhukti period in this Dasha is very tough and turning it to completely positive is not possible. The path of a person with this Dasha is filled with obstacles.
Loss of position or respect, loss of money, constant health problems, obstacles in career and financial path, marital problem, not begetting children are some of the problems faced during this period.
Srikalahasti Rahu Ketu Puja Tickets, Cost and Booking
The tickets for the pooja can be purchased on the spot. There is no online advance booking available. There are various locations inside the temple premises where the pooja happens. The location depends on the category of the ticket purchased.
All the pooja materials will be provided by the temple at the time of purchasing ticket. There is no need to purchase any additional materials from the shops.
Here are the pooja ticket cost and mandapam details:
|Per Person Cost||Mandapam Location||Persons allowed|
|₹300||Hall outside main temple||1 person along with you|
|₹750||AC Hall in Siva Sannidhi||1 person along with you|
|₹1500||Mandapam near Dwajasthambam||2 adults and 2 kids along with you|
|₹2500||Mandapam inside temple||2 adults and 2 kids along with you|
Srikalahasti Rahu Ketu Puja Procedure
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Here is the procedure to perform Rahu Ketu Puja in Srikalahasti Temple:
- Batches in Mandapams
The pooja is performed batches at various mandapams. The entire process takes around 30 minutes.
- Temple Priest Directions
Temple priest will guide you during the pooja by giving directions in a mike so that everyone can hear. The directions are given in Telugu, Tamil and English languages.
- Support Staff
In case if you miss any step during the process, immediately ask the support staff that will be standing near you to help.
- Silver Idols
As soon as pooja is completed, carry the silver idols with you and place them in the Hundi inside the temple.
Take bath after reaching home. No need to discard the clothes.
Srikalahasti Rahu Ketu Pooja Rahu Kalam Days and Timings
Rahu Ketu Pooja timings are from 6 AM to 6 PM everyday. However, people believe that the pooja will be most effective during the time of Rahu Kalam. And out of all the days, Rahu Kalam on Tuesdays and Sundays is the most preferred. So there is a huge demand during that time.
Rahu Kalam timings for week days are as given below:
|Day||Rahu Kalam Timings|
|Sunday||4:30 pm to 6:00 pm|
|Monday||7:30 am to 9:00 am|
|Tuesday||3:00 pm to 4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||12:00 pm to 1:30 pm|
|Thursday||1:30 pm to 3:00 pm|
|Friday||10:30 am to 12:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am to 10:30 am|
What are the benefits of performing Srikalahasti Rahu Ketu Pooja?
Here are the Rahu Ketu Pooja Benefits:
- It helps is gaining spiritual bliss.
- Maintains good health.
- Improves financial condition and stability.
- Removes the obstacles and helps one succeed.
- Improves personal and professional life
What items do we require to perform Srikalahasti Rahu Ketu Pooja?
The items required for the Puja are:
Two snake-shaped silver stripes representing Rahu and Ketu, two pieces of cloth of red and black colour, Coconuts(three), flowers, betel nuts, Black Gram, Horse Gram, Turmeric powder(Haldi), Vermillion, areca nuts, Lemon, Black ellu, White orud Daal, Anga Vastram etc.
What to wear when performing this pooja?
- Wear any fresh or proper traditional clothes to perform the puja.
- Take a bath before performing the puja.
- You should take a bath and discard the clothes after the puja.
What are the spiritual remedies for Srikalahasti Rahu Ketu Sarpa Dosh?
The spiritual remedies are:
- Donation- Donating anything with a clean and good heart can help one get good results in life. Donating banana, wheat and other food items is a remedy for Rahu Ketu Dosh.
- Eat vegetarian foods on Saturday- We worship Rahu and Ketu on the same day as Saturn or Shani Dev, therefore, eat vegetarian food on Saturday.
- Pray to Lord Shiva- Shiva is the lord and master of the planets Shani, Rahu and Ketu. Therefore, worshipping Lord Shiva helps to get relief from the effects of Rahu dosh.
Which temples perform this Pooja?
Some places to perform the Rahu-Ketu Puja are:
- Srikalahasti Temple – Andhra Pradesh.
- Thirunageswaram Shiva Temple – Tamil Nadu
- Trimbakeswar Temple – Nashik.
- Rameswaram Temple -Tamil Nadu.
- Pedakakani Temple – Andra Pradesh.
- Ujjain Mahakaleshwar Temple – Jaisinghpura, Ujjain.
- Thirupampuram Temple – Tamil Nadu.
What are the best days for performing this Pooja?
The best days for performing this Pooja are:
- Poornima (Full Moon)
- Surya Grahanam (solar eclipse)
- Chandra Grahanam (Lunar Eclipse)
- Chaturthi (fourth day of a pakhsha)
- Panchami (fifth day of a pakhsha)
- Shashthi (sixth day of a pakhsha)