The Sevas and poojas that take place at Horanadu Annapoorneshwari Temple rituals are as below:
|Sevas and Poojas|
|Annadana Seva for one day|
|Sri Sathyaganesha Vratha|
|Shukravara Seva (Friday)|
|Hunmine or the Amavasya Seva (Friday)|
You can also find a description of the Horanadu Annapoorneshwari Temple rituals here:
- Maharangapooja –This is also popular as the Deepardhana. A devotee can perform it by obtaining a receipt of Rs. 500.
- Panchamruthanhishekam – The priests bathe the Goddess with Milk, honey, curd, sugar, as well as ghee. The cost for this Seva is Rs. 30 for all days except for Friday.
- Kumkumarchana – The Kumkum Archana takes place especially for the Goddesses. Kumkum and Turmeric are the main materials for the Aarti. Also, the cost is Rs. 40.
- Annadana Seva for one day – A devotee can also perform the Annadanam (donation of food) for one full day for Rs. 5000.
- Navagraha Pooja – The Pooja is performed for the Navagrahas (nine gods representing the planets). The cost of the Seva is Rs.300.
- Sri Sathyaganesha Vratha – The Seva costs a devotee Rs.250.
Further, there are Special Sevas on Fridays:
- Shukravara Seva – In this Seva, the Kumkumarchana will take place for the Goddess on any one Friday of the month for twelve months in a year. Also, the minimum amount payable for the service is Rs. 500.
- Hunmine or the Amavasya Seva – The Kumkumarchana will take place on every Amavasya of the month for one year. Also, minimum amount payable is Rs. 500.
Homam Sevas at Horanadu Annapoorneshwari Temple
Special Homam Sevas at the Horanadu Annapoorneshwari Temple are as below:
- Sri Mahachandika Homam – The Homam is in dedication to Goddess Shakti or Chandi. Also, devotees believe that one can attain health, wealth and prosperity by performing the Homam. It will also relieve the person of evil forces, curses and obstacles in their lives. Experts do the Homam by chanting the Slokas of 13 chapters of Durga Saptashati. Further, Several poojas like the Ganapathi Pooja, Kanya Pooja, Kalasa Sthapana and Saptashati Parayanam also take place. The temple charges 15000 for the service and one should inform the Temple 2 months in advance.
- Sri Mahaganapathi Homam – The Homam is performed before the beginning of any pursuit in life. Devotees believe that Lord Ganapathi removes any obstacles in the way of the goal of a person. The Homam is also seeks spiritual blessings. The Temple charges Rs. 12000 for the Seva and one must do the booking 2 months in advance.
Some yearly Sevas at Horanadu Annapoorneshwari Temple
Here is a description of the yearly sevas at Horanadu Annapoorneshwari Temple:
- Varshika Seva – The Annadana for 25 persons takes place on a particular day every year up to 4 years only like Marriages, Birthdays, as well as anniversaries. The minimum charge for the service is Rs. 2000.
- Shashwatha Annadana Seva – A devotee can provide Annadanam for a batch on one special day every year of his or her life. The minimum amount payable is Rs. 100000.