Pitra Dosh Puja is performed by a person born under the ninth house where Sun and Rahu combine. If someone’s ancestors have not attained peace due to religious rituals at the time of death then this Dosha develops in the horoscope of the person.
Pitra Dosh is a very important aspect in the Indian astrology and one should amend it as soon as possible without any delay. It generally occurs when the ancestors find it very hard to free themselves from the ties on earth and results in hardships. If the pitras are happy with the devotion, then they surely clear all the path to happiness as well as success.
Where to perform Pitra Dosh Puja?
- It is best to perform the Puja at Trimbakeshwar Temple, Nashik.
- It can also be performed in Badrinath, Trimbakeshwar, Rameshwaram, Haridwar or Gaya by a learned priest following all the rituals.
- This pooja can also be performed in Kasganj (U.P.), Bhimashankar temple (Maharashtra), Kaithal (Haryana), Mahamaya Mandir at Ratanpur( Chhattisgarh).
- Moreover, this puja can also take place at Jabalpur, Gangasagar, Ujjain, Jagannathpuri, Pushkar, Chitrakoot, Rishikesh, Kashi Vishwanath and Prayag-Triveni.
Who should perform Pitra Dosh Puja and why?
- According to the ancient text, Pitra Dosh occurs if any forefathers up to the 4th generation on the mother’s side had an early death.
- This dosh also arises if the 7th generation on the father’s side had an unnatural death or expired at a very early age.
- It is also very important to respect the parental desires of the ancestors and follow some good deeds.
- If one does not follow this, then souls of the ancestors never rest in peace and become Pitra Dosh.
- If a person does not perform pooja for their ancestors then he might suffer from the curse of “Pitra Dosh”.
What are the benefits of doing Pitra Dosh Puja?
Pitra Dosh Puja has the following benefits:
- If a person does good for the upliftment and peace of their ancestors then he is sure to seek many blessings.
- It is also seen that if a person does pitra dosh pooja then it removes all the obstacles and problems from his path.
- This pooja also provides with harmonious and cordial family relations and the family life becomes very smooth.
- This puja also provides peace of mind and provides financial stability.
- This pooja also helps to eradicate acute diseases and relief from bad effects of the malefic planets and cures any destruction.
- It also protects the family from any evil energies and gives them the strength to overcome all the hurdles of their lives very easily.
- This pooja is a very powerful tool to overcome the bad conditions. It also revives good fortune and positive energy all around.
When should I perform this pooja?
- Amavasya and Ashtami are generally the best days to perform the Pitru Dosh Niwaran.
- Some people also perform this pooja on Pitru Paksha.
- Moreover, this Pooja should take place on the last day of Pitra Paksha. Depending upon the Kundli of the person and consulting the expert this pooja should take place.
How to perform Pitra Dosh Pooja?
Time needed: 3 hours.
For performing the puja you can reach Trimbakeshwar Temple in Nasik the evening before the Puja. You can also choose to reach the Mandir on the morning of the Puja.
- Tri Pindi Shradh
Perform Tri Pindh Shradh for the Puja. The TriPindh Shradh is performed beside the Kund.
- Trimurti Worship
Three Gods are worshipped on this Puja. Worship Brahma, Vishnu, Shankar, Gopal Krishna after performing Puja of the Kalash.
- Teerth Shradh
Teerth shradh is performed at the house of the pandit only for those people who are performing just the shradh.
- Pindh to Ancestors
A Pindh is given in the name of all the ancestors that have passed away. Starting from great-grandparents to uncles, aunts, brothers, sisters, mother and fathers-in-law and anybody from the family who all are dead. It also includes the Gurujis who have passed away.
- Kala Til
Kala Til, Jal, Pushpa, Tulsi Leaves are offered and these Pindhs are worshipped. The Vidhaan is of 1.5-2hrs.
You can donate foods, clothes in the name of the ancestors that are no more alive.
What are the materials required for Pitra Dosh Pooja?
|Materials Required||Materials Required|
|Abeer / Gulal||Kapoor|
|New Clothes (including Gamcha and Dhoti for men and new sarees for women)||Cow Dung|
What are the types of Pitra Dosh Puja?
There are three types of Pitra Dosh Puja performed at Trimbakeshwar. They are:
- Narayan Nagbali Puja: This is a three day Puja. It is performed by the River. It is a very elaborate procedure. There are three parts of this Puja and requires complete dedication.
- Tri Pindh Shradh: This is a one day Puja. This Puja is beside the Kundh.
- Teerth Shradh: This Puja is performed at the house of the Pandit. This is also a one day Puja.
What is the Cost of performing Pitra Dosh Puja?
Pitra Dosh Puja is a day’s Puja. It takes around 3 hours to complete the Puja. The cost of performing this Puja is around Rs.2,500-3000.
If you have any questions about Pitra Dosh Puja, please leave your comment below and we will get back to you within one hour.