Newly Married Couples Darshan Tirumala – It is a ritual and sentiment to many couples to visit Tirumala temple immediately after the wedding and to have darshan in their wedding clothes. Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) has facilitated special darshan for newly married couples to have the blessings of Lord Venkateswara.
|Newly Married Couples Darshan Tirumala|
|Timings||12 pm – 5 pm|
|Eligibility||Married at TTD Cottages & Less than a weekold married couples|
|People Allowed||Couples and their parents – upto 6|
Importance of Darshan for Newly Married at Tirumala
The institution of marriage has a special place in the Hindu philosophy. It signifies the beginning of a new phase of life of young boys and girls. The occasion is really auspicious to get the blessings of Lord Venkateswara. It is also suggested that couples should have Darshan in their wedding attires at Tirumala.
Newly Married Couples Tirumala Darshan Procedure
1) Marriages at TTD Purohita Sangam
- TTD has set up Purohita Sangam comprising purohits with necessary experience and knowledge to perform Vedic rituals at Kalyana Vedika.
- Couples can tie the knot in the abode of Lord Venkateswara in Purohita Sangam. For this, they need to register at the office 24 hours in advance.
- The total expenditure for marriage at Purohita Sangam comes around Rs.900 which also includes Dakshina to Purohit.
- TTD also provides a receipt about the marriage done at Purohit Sangam and Special Darshan tickets for the couples.
- The couples married at Purohit Sangam are then allowed for Darshan through Supadam entrance between 12 pm – 5 pm.
- TTD also provides free darshan to their parents – a total of six members through Supadham.
2) Marriages at TTD Cottages & Marriage Halls
- For the marriages which are conducted at TTD Cottages & Marriage Halls, the administrators provide a receipt about the marriage and also Special Darshan tickets for the couples.
- The newly married couples will be allowed for Darshan through Supadam entrance between 12 pm – 5 pm after showing the receipt.
- The parents are also allowed to accompany the couples through Supadam.
3) Newly Married from other places
- There is a Privileged Darshan for less than a week old newly married couples
- For newly married couples, who got married elsewhere, won’t get Special Darshan Tickets from the managers of the temple.
- However, there is a special entry point meant for less than a week old newly married couple in VQC I on showing relevant Id-Proofs.
- For this, they can book the tickets online based on availability.
Kalyanotsavam Seva For Newly Married Couples
Couples who got married less than a week ago can apply for Kalyanotsavam Seva at Vijaya Bank Counter, Tirumala. Daily 20 tickets are reserved by TTD for newly married couples. For this, they have to show their wedding card and also the pictures of marriage.
Blessings of Lord Venkateswara for Newlyweds by Post
TTD Announced Special Scheme for Newly Married Couples:
Special Blessings for all Freshly and Newly Married Couples from Sri Tirumala Venkateswara Swamy at your Doorstep in return for your Wedding Card
TTD has taken another unique initiative to extend the blessings of Lord Venkateswara for newlyweds regardless of where they are present. All newlyweds can send their wedding invitation along with their complete home address to TTD.
TTD, in return, will send a copy of “Kalyana Sanskriti” written by TTD OSD Dr Samudrala Lakshamaiah and also the Ashirvachanam (blessings) of Lord Venkateswara signed by the Executive Officer at Tirumala.
They will also dispatch some other things which are considered omen for the married couples. Those things are Askhinthalu, Talambralu, Kumkumam, Kankanam with Lord Venkateswara’s blessings, and also Sri Padmavathi Ammavaru for the wives.
TTD Dispatch section organises this and sends Lord’s blessings to around 10,000 newlyweds every year.
The newlyweds wishing to receive the Lord Blessings should send their wedding cards at the given below address by post:
The Executive Officer,
TTD Admin Buildings,
Tirupati – 517501
For more details, couples can also call Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) call centre:
Toll Free Number: 0877-2233333, 0877-2277777
If you have any questions related to newly married couples darshan at Tirumala, please leave a comment below and we will answer it within an hour.
Wishing all the newlyweds a happy married life!