Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap Cost depends on the type of Yagna and the number of times the mantras are chanted.
The Rudra Mantra or Mahamrityunjaya Mantra (महामृत्युंजय मंत्र) is a great death-conquering Mantra. This mantra is addressed to Tryambaka, “The Three-eyed God”, Lord Shiva, a form of Rudra. The mantra is mentioned in the Rigveda and Yajurveda.
Maha Mrityunjaya pooja protects the devotees from life-threatening diseases and also increases the lifespan of the devotee who performs it. One can perform this pooja in the comforts of his own home by following the rituals rightfully. Recitation of the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra frees the family of all the sins and awakens the healing powers within oneself.
Book Online Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap at your Home – Myoksha Puja Services
If you wish to perform Rudrabhishek Puja at home, Myoksha is the right choice for you.
Due to coronavirus lockdown, it is advisable to perform Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap at home in the presence of an experienced priest.
Rudrabhishek will give more benefits at home if all the family members are present and done properly.
This pooja also results in the creation of a protective shield for the performer’s family.
How it works?
We will arrange for an experienced priest at your address who will perform pooja under your name and gotra.
Just Book Now and Leave the Rest to Us.
Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap also available at your home in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada.
• Specialised Vedic professional and Experienced priests
• High-Quality Samagri to ensure a pleasant puja experience
• All Rituals follow Vedic Standards and Procedures
• 24×7 Customer Support
Email: email@example.com or
|Location to be performed||Shiva Temples or at Home|
|Time required for the pooja||5 – 11 days|
|Number of priests required||Depends on the number of recitations (5 – 10)|
Video on Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra [108 times]
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra Mp3 Free Download
Listen or Download a powerful version of the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra. Also, download an mp3 of the mantra chanted 108 times.
Download Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra (108 Repetitions)
What are the different types of Mahamrityunjaya Pooja?
Mahamrityunjaya mantra pooja is divided into types depending upon the number of times the mantra is chanted, such as –
- In the first type, the mantra is recited 11000 times. This is the least count for the recitation and hence requires less number of priest and days for completion.
- The second type is where the recitation of the mantra takes place 21000 times.
- The third type constitutes of the recitation of the mantra happening 31000 times.
- The fourth type is where the recitation of the mantra occurs 62000 times.
- The last and fifth type is where the mantra is recited 125000 times. It is the biggest pooja of all.
Benefits and Miracles of Mahamrityunjaya Mantra –
Here’s a lost of benefits one can achieve by performing the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra:
- Maha Mrityunjaya pooja is useful to overcome chronic and life-threatening diseases and to improve the health of the individual tremendously.
- This pooja also results in the creation of a protective shield for the performer’s family.
- It also increases the lifespan of the devotee who performs it.
- The very powerful pooja helps to overcome all the issues and problems in one’s life by eradicating all the evil effects from life.
- This pooja can also assist in achieving professional success and lead an ambitious life.
- Chanting of this mantra during pooja will also unblock the energy points in the body providing peace.
- Moreover, this is also useful in overcoming the ill effects of the planets in the birth horoscope.
What is the purpose of Maha Mrityunjaya Pooja & why one should do this?
Here’s why the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is chanted 108 times:
- The pooja generally takes place to avoid an untimely death predicted by the Jyotish in the near future.
- Also, in case of a person facing health issues, this pooja is done to better the condition of the patient.
- Performing this pooja also rectifies doshas like Nadi Dosha and Bhakut dosha occurring during Guna Milaan or marriage.
Who should chant Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
- This pooja must be performed only by a group of 6 or 7 experienced priests who should do the chantings on behalf of the devotee.
- Failure in doing so can result in worse effects on the devotee rather than good.
How many times one should chant Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
108 times – It is prescribed to chant the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra 108 times. Devotees can chant the mantra on a Rudraksha rosary consisting of 108 beads that helps you to count the number of chants of this powerful mantra.
The numbers ‘1’, ‘0’ and ‘8’ separately signify ‘oneness’, ‘nothingness’ and ‘everything’ respectively.
How to do Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap at home?
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Here is how to do Maha mrityunjaya jaap:
- Recite mantra
The best time to perform the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra is early in the morning by reciting the mantra five times in a mala. Chanting the Mahamrityunajaya Mantra 108 times is believed to surround your system with the protection of Shiva’s energy, the most powerful energy.
- Perform Abhishek
One should offer the flowers to the Shivlinga and perform the Abhishekam of the Lord with milk and water.
- Take Sankalp
One should undertake the Sankalp and pour water into the pot in order to seek the blessings of Lord Shiva.
- Worship Lord Shiva
Further, one should worship Lord Shiva with the help of fruits, incense sticks, bel leaves, water and lamp.
- Perform Havan
The havan takes place after the Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap pooja is completed. After this, the devotees should await the positive results of the pooja.
At Myoksha, Pooja will be performed and guided by Pandit Rahul Karnatak who is a very experienced priest and featured in The Times of India.
Pooja videos will be shared with you on WhatsApp as well. Contact us for any enquiry.
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra Lyrics & Meaning
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in Hindi
ॐ त्र्यम्बकं यजामहे सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम् |
उर्वारुकमिव बन्ध॑नान् मृ॒त्योर्मुक्षीय माऽमृतात् ||
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in English
Om Tryambakam Yajaamahe, Sugandhim Pushtivardhanam
Urvaarukamiva Bandhanaan, Mrityormuksheeya Maamritaat
Word-by-word Meaning & Lyrics of the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra are as follows:
|Word||Meaning & Importance|
|ॐ aum||Chanting Om, a sacred/mystical sign|
|त्र्यम्बकम् tryambakam||the three-eyed one|
|यजामहे yajāmahe||we worship, we sacrifice|
|सुगन्धिम् sugandhim||the fragrant, the virtuous, the supreme being|
|पुष्टिवर्धनम् puṣṭi + vardhanam||the bestower of nourishment, wealth, perfection.|
|उर्वारुकमिव urvārukamiva||Like the fruit falls off|
|बन्धनान् bandhanān||from bondage, from the stem|
|मृत्योः mṛtyoḥ||From death|
|मुक्षीय mukṣīya||may I be freed/released|
|मा ऽमृतात् ma mrtat||from mortality|
Full Meaning of the Mantra –
We worship the three-eyed One, who is fragrant and who nourishes all.
Like the fruit falls off from the bondage of the stem, may we be liberated from death, from mortality.
What are the materials required for the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra?
Here’s a list of items required for Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra –
Samagri / Things required –
|Cow milk||Gangajal||Incense sticks|
|Sacred thread (Janeu)||Sugar||Flowers (White)|
|Tulsi and Bail leaves||Sandalwood paste||Sweets|
|Red Vastra||Kala til||Laal Asan|
- Also, one should use Rudraksha Mala for chanting Mahamrityunjaya Mantra.
- Devotees participating in the pooja should wear neat and clean clothes and carry all the necessary items for the pooja.
In how many days Maha Mrityunjaya Pooja is completed at home?
- Mahamrityunjaya pooja can take around 5 – 11 days to complete depending on the number of mantras chosen.
- Generally, it starts on a Monday and finishes over the next Monday in a week.
- The time required for the pooja also depends on the number of priests performing it.
Where to perform Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap?
The devotees can perform this pooja at any famous Shiva temples namely Trimbakeshwar Temple (Nashik), Somnath temple (Gujarat), Mahakaleshwar temple in Ujjain, Omkareshwar temple in Indore and Nageshwar temple in Gujarat, or any of the 12 Jyotirlingas of India.
However, due to coronavirus lockdown, it is advisable to perform this pooja at the safety and comfort of your own home. Our priests will visit your place and conduct the pooja at your home. The priests will do the recitation of the mantra all day long sitting in front of you.
When should I perform Maha Mrityunjaya Pooja at home?
The auspicious days to perform Maha Mrityunjaya Pooja are Maha Shivaratri, the month of Sawan, Makarsankranti and Amavasya dates. Mondays are considered the suitable day to start this pooja.
However, one can also perform this pooja on any days according to their needs and requirements but only after consultation with a good priest.
What is the cost of performing Mahamrityunjaya Mantra?
- The cost of the pooja depends on the type of yagna and the number of times the mantras are chanted.
- Approximately, it costs between Rs. 40,000 – 50,000 for doing the Maha Mrityunjaya pooja of 3 – 4 days.
- After the recitations, a Havan takes place. The havan can be small, medium or big depending upon the number of recitations.
Story of the origin of Mahamrityunjaya mantra
There are two stories mentioned in the Shiv Purana of how this holy and powerful mantra came to life. They are –
- The legend of Rishi Markandeya – According to this legend, Rishi Markendeya was the sole person who knew the mantra. It was originally given as a boon to the Rishi by Lord Shiva after the Rishi worshipped him. But once Lord Moon was on the verge of death due to a curse. Hence, Sati pleaded to Rishi Markendeya to recite this holy mantra to save the moon.
- The legend of Rishi Dadichi – According to this version, Shukracharya was the sole person who knew the mantra. It was Lord Shiva who himself taught Shukracharya this lifesaver mantra. However, Lord Shukracharya went ahead and shared it with Rishi Dadichi. So when one time King Kshuva fell ill, Rishi Dadichi recited the mantra and saved his life. Later, this mantra became known to everyone.
Book Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap at your Home – If you have any questions about it, please leave your comment below and we will get back to you within one hour.
Related Videos With Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
Related Articles on Maha Mrityunjaya
Frequently Asked Questions on Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
The best time of the day to chant Maha Mrtityunjaya mantra is early morning hours, preferably, 4:00 am – 4:30 am. One can chant the mantra after taking bath and completing their chores.
Yes, you can chant Mahamrityunjaya mantra any time. Mritunjaya is the great gift given by lord shiva to mankind. Everyone can get benefit from it. We can chant this Mantra any time according to the need.
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra has many forms as well as names.
1) Rudra Mantra – Since Rudra is one of the avatars of Lord Shiva, this mantra is also popular as the Rudra mantra.
2) Moksha Mantra – Chanting this mantra relieves the individual from the cycle of death and rebirth. Hence, this mantra also goes by the name Moksha Mantra.
3) Tryambakam Mantra – Since this mantra is addressed to Tryambaka, “The Three-eyed God”, the mantra is also popular as Trayambakam Mantra.