Maha Rudrabhishek is a ritual dedicated to Lord Shiva and performed to get rid of the negative effects of planet Saturn. Also, through this pooja, one seeks the blessings of Lord Shiva. Moreover, the month of Shravan is dedicated to Lord Shiva according to the ancient Hindu Vedic calendar and Hindu mythology.
We arrange for Rudrabhishek remotely at the Pandit’s place. Pooja will be performed on your name and gothra. Pooja videos will be shared with you on whatsapp. Pooja will be performed by Pandit Rahul Karnatak who is a very experienced priest and featured in The Times of India. Whatsapp us now for booking this pooja.
Travel to 5 Jyotirlingas in Maharashtra and perform Rudrabhsihek for amazing benefits.
|Time needed||1 hour|
|Temples Performed||Shiva Temples|
Lord Shiva is also considered as the supreme of all gods and the source of creation. However, there is an immense relationship between Lord Shiva, Saturn, and Rudra.
Panchamrut pooja is offered to lord Mahakaleshwar along with reciting powerful hymns that will fulfil the wishes of the person who is performing this Abhishek.
During the incarnation of Lord Vishnu as Sri Rama, he performed Rudrabhishek pooja at Rameswaram before crossing the sea. He worshipped Lord Shiva as the Rudra form. So, this is one of the greatest Poojas that will remove all the obstacles.
This pooja takes place with full spirituality as well as rituals. Listening to the Rudram Mantra and chanting benefits the devotees and removes all sins. In order to perform this pooja, devotees make homa kundas within the worship area.
Types of Rudrabhishek Pooja
The difference between various Rudrabhishek is basically based on the puja duration. There are 6 types of Rudrabhishek as given –
|1) Rudrabhishek Puja||Ganesh Pooja + Shiv Pooja||Duration – 2 hrs||This Rudrabhishek is performed to invoke Rudra, the most powerful cosmic force mentioned in the Vedas.|
|2) Maha Rudrabhishek||Ganesh Pooja + Gori Pooja + Shiv Pooja + Havan||Duration – 4 hrs||Maha Rudrabhishek is performed for Lord Shiva to get rid of the negative effects of all the nine planets and achieve victory over death.|
|3) Laghu Rudrabhishek||Ganesh Pooja+ Navgraha Pooja + Shiv Pooja + Havan||Duration – 6 hrs||In Laghu Rudrabhishek, Panchamarit Pooja is offered to Lord Shiva which fulfils all the desires of the person who performs the pooja.|
|4) Avirat Bham Bham Pooja||Bham Bham Pooja + Maha Rudrabhishek||Duration – 5 Days, 7 Days, 11 Days & 15 Days||This puja purifies the soul and body and performed in your name and Gotra.|
|5) Rudra Samhita Path Yagya||Rudri Path + Havan||Duration 7 Days||The life of Shiva is described in the Rudra Samhita. The story of war and destruction is mentioned in detail.|
|6) Shiv Mahapuran Path Yagya||Path + Havan||Duration 11 Days||This pooja starts with women taking out Kalash Yatra by singing Mangal songs. The story of Shiv Mahapurana Katha is narrated by an experinced priest to the devotees.|
Who should perform Maha Rudrabhishek?
- The person who wants to seek the blessings of Lord Shiva and desires to remove all the obstacles in one’s life must perform this pooja.
- This pooja takes place to wash away afflictions and sins of the individual and to maintain the happiness, peace and prosperity in one’s life.
- Hence, it is the most powerful and sacred pooja which brings prosperity in one’s life.
- Therefore, one can perform it to get rid of financial and health problems.
Maha Rudrabhishek Benefits
Here’s a list of benefits of doing Maha Rudrabhishek:
- This pooja is very beneficial to vanish the negativity from life and it helps to bring happiness and success in one’s life.
- This pooja also helps in a healthy mind and good spirit.
- It also removes the problems prevailing for a long time.
- The main purpose of this pooja is to wash off one’s sins and afflictions.
- This pooja helps in bringing peace and happiness along with family togetherness.
- This pooja helps to remove the evil effects of the Punarvasu, Ashlesha Nakshatras and the Pushya.
- Also, it is very beneficial for the people born with the Karka zodiac sign.
When should I perform Maha Rudrabhishek?
- On the auspicious occasion of Mahashivratri, the priests bathe the shiv linga with milk, water, and honey.
- This holy pooja should take place on this day which brings the blessing of lord shiva to oneself.
- Nevertheless, the day is very auspicious for getting the blessings of Lord Shiva.
- Maha Rudrabhishek is also very auspicious when performed in Shravan Month.
- Performing pooja on this day helps one to gain the merciful blessings of lord shiva.
- Moreover, Lord Shiva is considered to be very happy during this day and fulfils all the desires of the devotees.
- However, one can also consult the priest and accordingly find the appropriate day to perform Maha Rudra Abhishek pooja.
How to perform Maha Rudrabhishek?
Time needed: 4 hours.
Here is how to do Maha Rudrabhishek:
- Prepare Asanas
Before the beginning of the maha rudrabhishek pooja, the priest prepares the Asanas for the God and Goddess including the Navagrahas and other Deities.
- Swasti Vachan
Then he performs the Swasti Vachan to seek the blessings for the devotee and light the ghee lamp.
Afterwards, he recites the Shanti Path. The priest also takes a sankalp on the behalf of the devotee and thereafter performs the rituals.
- Worship 10 directions
Devotees perform this pooja for Lords of all 10 directions, Bhumi (Earth), Devi Ganga, Lord Ganesha, Lord Surya, Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Agni, Lord Brahma and all the nine planets.
- Invoke Lord Agni
The priest performs the homam in which he invokes Lord Agni using the holy woods and a paste made from Mustard Seeds, Ghee, Sesame seeds etc.
After this, he performs the Purnahuti in which he offers Coconut filled with Ghee and other items to the Lord Agni.
- Navagraha Pooja
Morever, then one performs a pooja for all the nine planets. Afterwards, other rituals follow.
- Food and Dakshina
In the end, the priests who have taken part in this pooja are offered food which is followed by Dakshina. It includes Clothes, fresh fruits and money.
What are the materials required for this pooja?
These are the materials required for the pooja –
|Materials Required||Materials Required|
|Sugarcane Juice||Betel Nuts|
|Coconut Water||Woolen Asan|
- However, Panchamrit which is required for the pooja is a mixture of cow milk, sugar, honey, curd and ghee.
- Moreover, during maha Rudra Abhishek pooja the Shiva Linga should face in the North direction.
- Also, the devotee should be facing towards the east with respect to the shiv linga.
- Nevertheless, the devotee should sit in a particular asana while performing the Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja preferably on the wool asan.
Where to perform Maha Rudrabhishek?
- You can perform the Rudrabhishek Puja at Trimbakeshwar Temple, Nashik. You can come here to perform Puja.
- Also, if you are unable to come here, we can perform the Puja on behalf of you.
- You have to provide us with the names and the Gotras of the people for whom you want to perform the Puja.
- We will also send you the bhog of the Puja at your address after the completion of the Puja through a post.
- We will also provide you with pictures of us commencing the Puja with your name.
- Also, one can perform Maha Rudrabhishek pooja in any of Lord Shiva Temple.
- Prominent temples where people perform Maha Rudrabhishek are Omkareshwar temple in Indore, Mahakaleshwar temple in Ujjain, Somnath temple in Gujarat.
- Moreover, Nageshwar temple in Gujarat and Baidyanath, Kashi and Rameshwaram are also popular choices.
Do you know the 12 popular Jyotirlingas where Maha Rudrabhishek is performed?
One should consult an expert to decide the place and time for the puja.
What is the cost of performing Maha Rudrabhishek?
- The cost of performing the pooja is normally Rs.1100.
- However, depending upon the type of pooja ie.12 Rudrabhisheka, Ekadasa Rudrabhishekam Pooja or Maha-Rudram Yagya, the cost can vary between Rs.12,000 to Rs.18,000.
- It also depends upon the number of priests taking part and time spent by them.
If you have any questions about Maha Rudrabhishek, please leave your comment below and we will get back to you within one hour.