Kaal Sarp Dosh Puja is performed to remove the harmful effects of kaal sarp dosh. It arises in a condition when all seven planets come between Ketu and Rahu. Hence, a person comes under the influence of Ketu and Rahu. And devotees believe it to be a very harmful Sarpa Dosha.
Who should perform Kaal Sarp Dosh Puja?
- Persons who have Kaal Sarp Dosh in their Kundli should perform this pooja.
- If a person wants to know about the Kaal Sarp Dosh, he/she can analyze his horoscope through an Astroshastra expert.
- The expert will suggest some remedies to the person depending upon the position of the planets.
- Depending upon the remedies suggested by the expert one can perform Pooja, wear Rudraksha and Yantra as per the horoscope.
- A person is affected by partial Kaal Sarp Yog if Mars and Saturn are on the opposite side of Rahu and Ketu.
- If a very young child has Kaal Sarp Dosh then his parents can perform this pooja for him.
What are the benefits of doing Kaal Sarp Dosh Puja?
- Performing Kaal Sarp Shanti Puja helps devotee in receiving blessings of the 9 species of the snakes.
- When the Rahu Ketu Pooja takes place along with the Kaal Sarp Dosh pooja than it gives immense peace and opens doors of success and peace.
- One also gets blessings of Goddess Lakshmi by worshipping the gold idol of snake.
- The mind starts believing in the positive way and disappears any fear from the mind.
- Also, it reduces the ill effects of the planets. It also leads to a successful professional life and the person gets respect in society.
- It removes any obstacles and hindrances from one’s life and gives immense happiness.
- Family relation grows strong and good that protects a person from any evil powers.
When should I perform Kaal Sarp Dosh Puja?
- The most auspicious day to perform this pooja is Amavasya. It can also take place during the Lunar and Solar Eclipse.
- Naga Panchami, Sunday and Tuesday are also preferable days to perform this pooja.
- It is also advised to perform the pooja twice in a year to get good results.
- Kaal Sarp Dosh pooja can also take place during Uttarayanam period that falls from 15th Jan to 15th July.
- The puja can also take place during the Dakshinayanam period that falls from 15th July to 15th Jan.
Kaal Sarp Dosh Puja Dates for 2019
Here are the Kaal Sarp Dosh Puja Dates for 2019:
|Month||Kaal Sarp Dosh Puja Dates|
|January 2019||2, 6, 7, 11, 14, 17, 23, 29|
|February 2019||3, 6, 8, 10, 16, 17, 21, 24, 28|
|March 2019||6, 7, 9, 15, 22, 25, 29|
|April 2019||2, 4, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 29|
|May 2019||1, 3, 9, 13, 18, 22, 28, 30|
|June 2019||2, 5, 12, 16, 20, 23, 25, 29|
|July 2019||3, 6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 22, 24, 30|
|August 2019||3, 5, 9, 12, 16, 18, 20, 27, 30|
|September 2019||10, 14, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28|
|October 2019||11, 16, 20, 24, 27|
|November 2019||6, 8, 10, 13, 16, 20, 23, 26, 30|
|December 2019||3, 5, 7, 13, 20, 24, 28, 31|
How to perform Kaal Sarp Dosh Puja?
- Kaal Sarp Dosh Pooja takes place on a single day itself.
- It takes 2 hours to complete this Vidhi or Pooja. It is important to offer food to the needy on this day.
- Place Ganapati, Matrika Pujan, 1 Gold Nag, 1 Siver Murti of Rahu, 1 silver Murti of Kaal and worship it.
- Later worship Navagraha.
- Then worship Shivji on the Kalash and perform Havan with Kala Tila and Ghee.
- One needs new clothes in this puja. Men need to wear Dhoti ad women needs to wear new Sarees.
- One should never perform this pooja in oiled hair and pregnant woman should not take part in this pooja.
- People who are participating in the pooja should take a bath before this pooja.
- One can also perform Rudrabhishekam after the completion of this pooja that makes the pooja process as complete.
- The Pitru Paksha has to be performed by the son of the person who has expired. Grandsons cannot do it while his father is alive.
What are the materials required for this Puja?
|Materials Required||Materials Required|
|Three snake images of lead,copper and silver respectively||Cotton Wick|
|New clothes||Sweet Flour|
|Turmeric Paste||Incense Sticks|
|Mango or Betel leaf||Matchbox|
Where to perform Kaal Sarp Dosh Puja?
Trimbakeshwar Temple, Maharashtra
- Kaal sarp dosh pooja can be performed at Trimbakeshwar temple that is located at the Nashik District of Maharashtra.
- It is 28 Kms away from Nashik and Lord Shiva is the main deity here.
- It is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas and the source of the Godavari river.
Mahakaleshwar Temple, Ujjain
- Kaal Sarp Yog pooja can also be performed at the Mahakaleshwar temple in Ujjain.
- It is one of the Jyotirlingas- 12 Shiva temples spread across India, that is swayambu and the Kunda of this temple is very celestial that fulfills the wishes of all the devotees.
- Pancha Jyotirlingas in Maharashtra are also famous for performing this pooja.
Omkareshwar Temple, Indore
- One can also perform the Kaal Sarp Dosh at the Omkareshwar temple that is situated near Indore.
- This bank is present on the opposite bank of the Narmada river.
- This temple is considered as a sacred island of Lord Shiva where devotees flock in huge numbers to fulfil all their desires and wishes.
What is the cost of performing Kaal Sarp Dosh Puja?
- The cost of performing this Puja might range from Rs. 3000 to Rs. 5000.
- This might differ from place to place. This Puja is performed at the house of the Pandit.
If you have any questions about Kaal Sarp Dosh, please leave your comment below and we will get back to you within one hour.