Bhimashankar Temple is present at the origins of the holy river Bhima, in the Bhimashankar reserve near Pune, Maharashtra. One can reach the temple with a plenty of options at hand. This section explores the Bhimashankar temple route from Pune as well as Mumbai.
Bhimashankar temple lies at a distance of 216 km from the heart of Mumbai and km from the centre of 110 Pune. One can reach the temple using air transport, trains or through roadways.
Bhimashankar Temple route from Pune
Here is how you can reach Bhimshankar Temple from Pune:
- Air– Nearest airport is Pune Airport.
- Train – Nearest railway station is Pune, 120 km away from the Temple.
- Road – Regular buses are available from Pune from 5:30 AM to 4 PM. A bus also from Kalyan starts at 9 AM and one from Ghatkopar or Kurla at 11 AM
Bhimashankar Temple route from Mumbai
Here is how you can reach Bhimashankar temple from Mumbai:
- Air: Mumbai Airport is the nearest international airport 24o km away from the temple.
- Train: Regular trains run from Mumbai railway station to Pune railway station, which is nearest to the temple.
- Road: One has to travel through Talegaon, Chakkan and Manchar by road to reach Bhimashankar wildlife sanctuary.