Graha Shanti Puja is undertaken with the goal of reducing the negative effects of the planets that are malefic. It improves the positive energies of a person and the family performing this Puja. The planets or grahas for whom this Puja is performed are the Sun, Moon, Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, Venus, Saturn and the two shadow planets Rahu and Ketu. These are called the Navagrahas.
These Navgraha are the basis of all astrological or horoscopic calculations and predictions of a person. It has huge influence in our lives. It affects our marriage, career, health and finance. The calculations of the horoscope are related to the positions of the Grahas in current time. If any of these Grahas turns malefic, it creates problems in one’s life, affecting various aspects of it.
Perform the Graha Shanti Puja to remove these ‘doshas’ for increasing wealth, fame, happiness and establish peace in life.
Who should perform Graha Shanti Puja?
- Performed by a person whose planets or Grahas are in a bad position in their horoscope.
- It is performed by a person who is facing problems, or wants to improve an aspect of his life like wealth, health, profession, family, dream, marriage etc.
- People having severe Mangala Dosha or Sadesati also perform this Puja.
What are the benefits of doing Graha Shanti Puja?
The benefits of Graha Shanti Puja are-
- Helps drive away all the Graha doshas or negative energies of the person conducting the Puja.
- Helps purify the surrounding of the house with holy vibes.
- Increases the positive energies, health, and wealth of a person and also bestows the home with peace and prosperity.
- Ensures to prevent any unfortunate events from taking place to the person or the family who conducts the Puja. It removes any obstacles that come in the life of a person and protects them from evil eyes.
When should I perform Graha Shanti Puja?
Perform the Graha Shanti Puja on a special day or Muhurat to get the maximum benefits.
Derive the Muhurat of the person conducting the in accordance with the position of the different planets in the horoscope.
What ingredients do I need to perform the Graha Shanti Puja?
The ingredients required for conducting the Puja are Haldi, Camphor, Sandalwood (chandan), Lamps, Incense Stick (agarbatti), Coconuts, Variety of Flowers, Rice, Betel Leaves, Sweets, Betel Nuts, Kumkum, Sesame Oils, Variety of Fruits, Milk, Honey, Yoghurt, Sugar, Ghee.
Other requirements include Ganga Jal, Havan Samagri, Shankha, Red Thread, Durba Grass, Bowls, Plates, Navgrah Yantra and colours and flowers to decorate the Rangoli and the house.
How to perform Graha Shanti Puja?
It is important to know which Graha is affecting the person to perform the puja effectively. Worship the God that rules the Graha or is in a bad position in the horoscope.
It is preferable to keep a fast from dawn to dusk on the day of the Puja.
The priest performs the Puja and the head of the family takes the Sankalp. He offers flowers, mango leaves, rice, and grain, and prays for the well-being of the house and all its members by chanting mantras and reciting all their names.
The Navgraha Mantra is chanted while the Puja and homam are performed. Worship the God of the planet that is weak. Conduct the Puja with full devotion and dedication.
Prform the Havan and worship the deity.
Donate foods and clothes. Distribute the Prasad to all members.
After the Puja, dug a pit, place all the materials used in the Puja and cover it.
What is the cost of performing Graha Shanti Puja?
The cost of performing the Graha Shanti Puja including GST ranges from Rs. 4500/- to Rs. 10,000/-.
Two Pandits perform the Puja. Perform the Puja in a prescribed manners with the Nava Dravyas of the 9 planets. Recite the 108 namavali of the 9 planets followed by the recital of 108 Navagraha Sooktam. Recite the Sri Rudram followed by the homam. Four Pandits perform this.