Graha Shanti Puja is undertaken with the goal of reducing the negative effects of the planets that are malefic. It improves the positive energies of a person and the family performing this puja. The planets or grahas for whom this puja is performed are the Sun, Moon, Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, Venus, Saturn and the two shadow planets Rahu and Ketu. These are called the Navagrahas.
We arrange for Graha Shanti Puja remotely at the Pandit’s place. Pooja will be performed on your name and gothra. Pooja will be live streamed and pooja videos will be shared with you on whatsapp. Pooja will be performed by Pandit Rahul Karnatak who is a very experienced priest and featured in The Times of India. Contact us now for booking this pooja.
These Navgraha are the basis of all astrological or horoscopic calculations and predictions of a person. It has a huge influence on our lives. It affects our marriage, career, health and finance. The calculations of the horoscope are related to the positions of the Grahas in the current time. If any of these Grahas turns malefic, it creates problems in one’s life, affecting various aspects of it.
Perform the Graha Shanti Puja to remove these ‘doshas’ for increasing wealth, fame, happiness and establish peace in life.
Related Videos on Graha Shanti Puja
Who should perform Graha Shanti Puja?
- Performed by a person whose planets or Grahas are in a bad position in their horoscope.
- It is performed by a person who is facing problems or wants to improve an aspect of his life like wealth, health, profession, family, dream, marriage, etc.
- People having severe Mangala Dosha or Sadesati also perform this Puja.
What are the benefits of performing Graha Shanti Puja?
The benefits of Graha Shanti Puja are:
- Helps drive away all the Graha doshas or negative energies of the person conducting the Puja.
- Helps purify the surrounding of the house with holy vibes.
- Increases the positive energies, health, and wealth of a person and also bestows the home with peace and prosperity.
- Ensures to prevent any unfortunate events from taking place to the person or the family who conducts the Puja. It removes any obstacles that come in the life of a person and protects them from evil eyes.
Performing Graha Shanti Puja before a wedding
- The puja helps to get rid of all the negative energies of the person doing the pooja.
- It also helps to purify the surroundings with holy vibes and also bestows the house with peace and prosperity.
- It helps to remove all the obstacles that may come in the life of the couple and gives them protection from the evil eyes.
- Another benefit of this puja is to ensure that there is no negative effect on your spouse’s planets on you.
When should one perform Graha Shanti Puja?
- Perform the Graha Shanti Puja on a special day or Muhurat to get the maximum benefits.
- Derive the Muhurat of the person conducting the pooja in accordance with the position of the different planets in the horoscope.
What materials are required to perform the Graha Shanti Puja?
- The essential materials required for conducting the puja are – Haldi, Camphor, Sandalwood (Chandan), Lamps, Incense Stick (Agarbatti), Coconuts, Variety of Flowers, Rice, Betel Leaves, Sweets, Betel Nuts, Kumkum, Sesame Oils, Variety of Fruits, Milk, Honey, Yoghurt, Sugar, and Ghee.
- Other requirements include Ganga Jal, Havan Samagri, Shankha, Red Thread, Durba Grass, Bowls, Plates, Navgraha Yantra and colours and flowers to decorate the Rangoli and the house.
How to perform Graha Shanti Puja?
It is important to know which Graha is affecting the person to perform the puja effectively. Worship the God that rules the Graha or is in a bad position in the horoscope.
- It is preferable to keep a fast from dawn to dusk on the day of the Puja.
- The priest performs the puja and the head of the family takes the Sankalp. He offers flowers, mango leaves, rice, and grain, and prays for the well-being of the house and all its members by chanting mantras and reciting all their names.
- The Navgraha Mantra is chanted while the puja and Homam are performed. Worship the God of the planet that is weak. Conduct the Puja with full devotion and dedication.
- Perform the Havan and worship the deity.
- Donate foods and clothes. Distribute the Prasad to all members.
- After the puja, dig a pit, place all the materials used in the puja and cover it.
What is the cost of performing Graha Shanti Puja?
The cost of performing the puja including GST ranges from Rs. 4,500/- to Rs. 10,000/-.
Two Pandits perform the puja. The puja is performed in a prescribed manner with the Nava Dravyas of the 9 planets. One recites the 108 namavali of the 9 planets followed by the recital of 108 Navagraha Sooktam. The participants also recite the Sri Rudram followed by the homam. Four Pandits perform the Sri Rudram Homam.
What should one wear for the puja?
- As this is a very auspicious puja, it is advised that everyone invited dresses in traditional Indian wear. Ethnic wear is ideal for the puja. For women and girls, salwar – kurta, sarees, or churidars can be worn. For men, kurtas are recommended.
- However, it is advised one avoid wearing only black or only white for the puja as it is not considered entirely pious to wear these colours.
- One should also avoid wearing leather accessories for the puja.
What are the other pujas to be conducted?
Apart from the Graha Shanti Puja, it is also advised to perform the Vastu Shanti Puja as and when necessary. One should also confer with their respective trusted astrologers or gurus before performing such pujas.